Using Filters in Webmail Plus
Filters can help sort and organize mail, as well as automatically perform actions such as moving mail to folders and tagging files for later review. To create a filter:
- Click the Preferences tab and then click Filters in the overview pane. When Filters opens, click New Filter.
- The Add Filter form opens. Enter a Filter Name for the filter.
- In the line If xxx of the following conditions are met, choose a grouping preference.
- Any means that if any of the conditions in the filter are met, apply the action.
- All means that all of the conditions in the filter must be met in order to apply the filter action.
- In the first drop-down list, select the field (To, From, Subject, Body, etc.) that contains the information you want filtered.
- In the second drop-down list, select how you want the filter to match the information you want filtered (matches exactly, does not match exactly, etc.).
- In the text box, enter the information you want filtered (text from mail subject line or body, specific date, etc.).
- Click the + button to specify additional information, if desired.
- In the Perform the following actions area, select an action to be performed by the filter.
- Click the + button to specify additional actions, if desired.
- Check the Do not process additional filters option to prevent other filters from being applied to mail that meets this filter.
- By default, the Active box is checked. If you do not wish this filter to start now, uncheck the box until you are ready for it to begin.
- Click OK when you are finished.