Using Calendars in Webmail Plus
By default, one calendar is created for you. You may use it, or you many create as many other calendars as you desire. Calendars may be kept private or they may be shared so others are able to schedule meetings with you.
- Click the Calendar tab.
- Click the New drop-down menu.
- Select Calendar.
- The Create New Calendar form opens.
- Enter a Name and choose a Color.
- If desired, choose the following options:
Exclude this calendar when reporting free/busy times (Your free busy information on this calendar is not displayed to others when scheduling appointments).
Synchronize appointments from remote calendar (When you select this option a URL field appears and you should enter a valid URL for the remote calendar).
- Click OK, and the calendar will now appear in the overview pane when calendar is selected.
Creating an appointment or meeting
You may create a new appointment by:
- Click the New drop-down menu and select Appointment.
- The Appointment Details form opens. Fill it in and click Save and Close.
- Right-click on the opened calendar you wish to add an appointment to and select New Appointment.
- The QuickAdd Appointment form opens. Fill it out and click OK.
- Right-click on any email message and select Create Appointment *or* simply drag the email into your mini calendar.
- The Appointment Details window will open. Remove Attendees* and uncheck the Request Responses and Send Notification Mail boxes. Fill in the Details and Time and click Save.
*If you do not remove the attendees, they will be sent an email everytime you make modifications or delete this item from your calendar. This would not be a desirable thing to do.
Note: if you want your appointments to be viewable to those with whom you have shared your calendar, Mark as: Public.
Please see Creating and Using Shares and Event Calendar.
Printing a calendar
You may print individual calendars in any of the views but List view.
- Display any calendar view and click the printer icon in the tool bar.
- Your printer dialog box opens and the calendar view to be printer displays. Click OK, and close the calendar print view.
You can delete any calendar in your Calendars list, except your default calendar.
- Right-click the calendar to be deleted.
- Click Delete.
- The confirmation dialog box opens. Click Yes.
Western Michigan University thanks Meritmail for use of their documentation