The Briefcase application is used to save files directly to your account, making it easy to access these files anytime you login to your account from any computer. Briefcase folders can be shared with others who can view and edit the files, depending upon which role you have granted them.
Creating briefcase folders
- Click the Briefcase tab on the tool bar.
- Click the New drop-down menu.
- Select Briefcase.
- The Create New Briefcase Folder form opens. Enter a Name and select a Color and click OK.
Adding files to your briefcase
You may add files to your briefcase by:
- Clicking Briefcase as attachments are emailed to you.
- The Add to Briefcase form will open. Select an existing briefcase to add it to or click New to create a new briefcase. When finished, click OK.
- Open a Briefcase and click Upload File from the tool bar.
- The Upload New File to Briefcase form opens. Browse to locate a file on your computer and then click OK.
Sharing your briefcase
Please see Creating and Using Shares and Briefcase Document Control.
Western Michigan University thanks Meritmail for use of their documentation