The Karen Morin Leadership Development Fund is intended to provide financial assistance to individuals interested in developing or improving their nursing leadership skills through education and/or training opportunities.
- Desire to attend the Sigma Theta Tau International Biennium Convention, the Sigma Theta Tau International Leadership Academy or another nursing leadership development program.
- Active member of Upsilon Epsilon chapter of Sigma Theta Tau International.
(Members of the executive board and the leadership development fund committee of Upsilon Epsilon are not eligible for this monetary award.)
- Complete the Morin Leadership Development application form, which includes a narrative of professional goals related to nursing leadership and how conference attendance would facilitate achievement of these goals. A current curriculum vita or resume is also required.
- Submit the application form and related information to the Upsilon Epsilon Chapter executive committee by May 1.
- Submit information supporting the request for financial assistance, such as conference brochures, conference objectives, course syllabus, course objectives and/or registration form(s).
- Submit signed, formal agreement for the use of the scholarship funds.
Judging of applications
Members of the Morin Leadership Development Fund committee will review each application submitted and will judge each based on the following criteria:
- Quality of the professional goals narrative.
- Actual or potential contribution of the proposed leadership development opportunity to the nursing profession and Upsilon Epsilon.
- Demonstrated commitment to the nursing profession.
Allocation of funds
The number of scholarships and the amount of money for each scholarship awarded will be determined by the amount of funds requested, the number of applicants and the availability of sufficient funds in the Morin Leadership Development Fund. A maximum of $500 will be awarded to the selected applicant(s).