- Apply to Western Michigan University and declare "pre-nursing" as intended major.
- Request that official transcripts be sent to the WMU Office of Admissions.
- If transferring prerequisite courses, request an appointment with an academic advisor by calling (269) 387-2656. Confirm equivalencies (with advisor) or complete the pre-nursing program curriculum courses (see below).
- Complete the Bronson School of Nursing application once prerequisites are completed.
To be considered for admission students must:
- Complete all of the courses in the pre-nursing program curriculum (or equivalencies) with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 (B), and individual course grades with a minimum grade of C (2.0) or above.
- Earn an average grade of B (3.0) or above in the four science prerequisite courses (or equivalencies); only one repeated science prerequisite course will be considered in the admission decision. Prerequisites may only be repeated once. Repeated grades will be averaged for admissions purposes.
Applications for the fall semester are due by March 1; application for the spring semester are due by Oct. 1.
Pre-nursing program curriculum prerequisite courses
- CHEM 1510, 1520: Chemistry for Health Professionals I, four credits
- CHEM 1530, 1540: Chemistry for Health Professionals II, four credits
- BIOS 1910: Introduction to Human Biology and Anatomy, four credits
- BIOS 2400: Human Physiology, three credits
- ENGL 1050: College-Level Writing, four credits
- SOC 2000: Principles of Sociology, three credits
- HSV 2250: Growth, Development and Aging, three credits
- FCS 2250 or CIS 1020: Computer Literacy, three credits
- PSY 1000: General Psychology, three credits
Total credits: 32