Western Michigan University has a new online graduate application system that allows all students (domestic, international and readmission) to submit required information into one system. General application information for the University, as well as specific requirements for individual programs, are captured into this system.
Department of Accountancy applicants are asked to include some program-specific information. You are encouraged to bookmark this information for quick reference while working through the graduate application process.
Thank you for your interest in applying for this graduate program.
To be eligible for admission to the Master of Science in Accountancy program, an applicant must have earned:
- A total score of at least 1,100, which is the sum of the GMAT score and 200 times the GPA for the last 60 hours in an accredited undergraduate degree program.
- A minimum GMAT score of 480.
- A minimum GPA of 2.75 for the last 60 hours in an accredited undergraduate degree program.
International students admission requirements
An applicant whose native language is not English must meet the following:
- Applicants to the M.S.A. program will be required to show TOEFL results of 90 Internet Based Total or 577 Paper Based Total for unrestricted admission.
- Applicants with 61-89 Internet Based Total or 500-576 Paper Based Total will be admitted with the restricted policy. Students in this test result range will be required to enroll in ENGL 3600 or ENGL 3610. The English class appropriate for the student will continue to be determined by International Admissions and Services.
- Enrollment of new international students will be limited to fall semester except for students with above 90/577 IBT/PBT scores who may begin their enrollment in fall, spring and summer I semesters. This modification will allow the student to go through the first semester at Western Michigan University during the less intense months of summer.
- Students admitted with the restricted policy will be required to start summer I semester to fulfill the English class before fall semester. They will be allowed to enroll in academic courses their first semester as determined by the M.S.A. faculty.
A WMU accountancy major with an average grade point of 3.3 or higher in the following eight WMU courses (or equivalents) is not required to take the GMAT: ACTY 3100, 3110, 3130, 3220, 3240, 4160 and two of the electives (4110, 4130, 4140, 4220, and 4240).