This page shows the status of submitted product review requests including date submitted, by whom, product name and brief description and whether it is approved, conditional approval (more information is requested of the submitter) withdrawn, rejected, or pending. Products are now categorized. If you have any questions about the products, please contact the person who submitted the request. Cloud or software as a service products are indicated with SaaS.
If you are requesting use of a product that has already been approved for use in another area, a product review request must still be submitted. You may be exempted from additional paperwork, but the request is required.
- Unit support system
Principally supports one department, unit or function.
- Infrastructure system
Support IT operations but not directly involved in delivering services to faculty, staff or students.
- Enterprise support system
Integrated with enterprise systems to perform specific functions.
- Enterprise system
Manage data for core business functions of the University.
- July 19, 2018, Tiffany White, ODI - Alternative Communications Services, LLC - Unit - Pending
- July 17, 2018, Lynda Root, ELRT - Zoom - Unit - Pending
Video collaboration with recording capabilities
- June 22, 2018, David Longjohn, CHHS - Trizetto EDI - Unit - Pending, awaiting materials
Electronic billing and claims
- June 18, 2018, Jacob Neumann, OBF Information Technology - AirPortal - Enterprise Support - Pending
Travel booking and reporting
- May 23, 2018, Rory Murphy, Facilities Management - Syn-Apps-Call - Infrastructure - Conditional approval - awaiting policies and procedures
Software to record calls
- May 22, 2018, Erik Dantes, Facilities Management - Famis - Unit - Pending, awaiting materials
Space management software
- May 8, 2018, Melissa Holman, CEHD - ScheduleOnce - Unit - Pending, awaiting materials
Cloud service scheduling students to meet with advisors, clinical and certification staff.
- April 24, 2018, Sherine Obare, OVPR - GrantForward - Unit - Pending, awaiting materials
Cloud service to provide a funding opportunity database
- April 19, 2018, Jason Barnes, Development and Alumni Relations - Talkdesk - Unit - Pending, awaiting materials
Cloud service to replace existing call center software.
- November 11, 2016, Scott Russell, Library - Amazon S3 Storage - Unit - Pending
Cloud service to store backups for ScholarWorks institutional repository
- June 4, 2018, Hans Zoeller, Athletics - Marketing - FanX - Unit - Approved
Replace existing fan/student rewards software
- May 22, 2018, Alexandra Pekarovicova/Dan Fleming, Chemical and Paper Engineering - ARDEN Software - Infrastructure - Approved
Donated software for corrugated package design
- May 18 2018, Bryon Glock, EUP-IT - Mastercam - Unit - Approved
Software for teaching engineering CAD classes in GR
- May 4, 2018, Marcia Fetters, CEHD - GoReact - Unit - Approved
Cloud service for video analysis of teaching and presentation skills.
- May 1, 2018, Scott Russell - University Libraries - PurelyHR - Unit - Approved
Cloud time sheet/time off work flow
- April 16, 2018, Michael Konkel, Engineering Design, Manufacturing and Management Systems - Zeiss DuraMax Coordinate Measuring Machine - Unit - Approved
Hardware and software to replace current failing and technologically outdated CMM.
- April 3, 2018, Adam Bennett, Psychology - VSee Messenger - Unit - Approved
Potentially cloud service for HIPAA compliant and secure video chat with clients
- March 30, 2018, Jason Barnes, Development and Alumni - Fonteva - Unit - Approved
Cloud service to promote, plan and coordinate events
- March 26, 2018, Jacob Neumann, Business and Finance IT - FM Audit - Unit - Approved
Collecting meters for multi-function printers
- March 20, 2018, Scott Russell, Library - Hotjar - Unit - Approved
Advanced web analytics
- February 22, 2018, Katie Jacobs, Facilities Management - MasterSpec - Unit - Approved
Software product for creation of University design guidelines
- February 13, 2018, Chad Ward, West Hills Athletic - Mind Body - Unit, Approved
Cloud online and app registration for group exercise classes
- December 21, 2017, Pete Poggione, SAIS - LockLizard - Unit, Approved
Hardware and software to eliminate paper waste and protect privacy
- December 19, 2017, Gretta Clay, HR - EverFi Educational Modules - Unit-Approved
Learner centered knowledge on University policies and practices
- December 18, 2017, Brad Morgan, OIT - VITAC Live Captioning - Unit, Approved
To provide captioning of live stream events
- December 12, 2017, Christopher Nord, Facilities on behalf of Haworth College - Interact Solution - Unit- Approved
Video/camera capture system for video taping activities in sales and negotiation lab as part of coursework in COB.
- December 7, 2017, Pete Poggione, Student Affairs - ProCare - Unit, Approved
Cloud service for Children's Place to replace older former product
- November 22, 2017, Stacie Fruth, Physical Therapy - Exxat Curriculum Mapping - Unit - Approved
Cloud service for curriculum management
- November 2, 2017, Chad Ward, West Hills - MyZone Fitness - Unit - Approved
Cloud product to integrate wearables and heart-based training
- November 1, 2017, Stacie Furth, Physical Therapy - Clinical Assessment Suite, CSIF - Unit - Approved
Cloud service to allow clinical education sites to add and update their information and allow students to view, query and export site data
- October 27, 2017, Jeffrey Long, Accounting Services - Whitebirch Service Software - Unit - Approved
Cloud service to analyze PS Financial and Banner data quarterly to create historical reports
- October 22, 2017, Mohammadhady Molabaghermakhmalbaf, MAE - HAP Carrier - Unit - Approved
Course specific (MAE4330) software to calculate building heating and cooling load
- October 20, 2017, Charles Bruce, Family and Consumer Sciences - SNAP 2016 - Unit - Conditional approval
Cloud based/D2L service to offer benchmark MS Office 2016 curriculum to students in FCS 2250
- October 20, 2017, David Longjohn, Disability Services - Generations Homecare System - Unit - Approved
Cloud based mobile service for client/caregiver management, scheduling and electronic visit verification
- October 11, 2017, Gregory Anderson, Geography - Tableau - Unit - Approved
Software to be used with third party grant/contract clients
- October 10, 2017, Hans Zoeller, Athletics - MarketPlaceCX - Unit - Approved
Cloud service to support B2B eCommerce on wmubroncos.com
- October 4, 2017, Colin MacCreery, Computer Science - Daylite - Unit - Approved
Cloud service to allow Jason Johnson to manage his many projects
- September 24, 2017, Bryon Glock, EUP - Merit Secure Sandbox - Unit - Approved
Cloud service to provide a safe space for students to do practical exercises for Cyber Security Certificate
- September 20, 2017, Daniel List, Facilities - FME - Unit - Approved
Replace existing extract transfer and load tool software. Original is being depricated.
- September 11, 2017, Adam Bennett, Psychology - Central Reach - Unit - Approved
Cloud service practice management, scheduling and billing
- September 9, 2017, Hans Zoeller, Athletics - Retain - Unit - Approved
Cloud service to allow monitoring of student athletes' academic performance
- August 31, 2017, Adam Knight, West Hills - Pandora for Business - Unit -Approved
Provide streaming music on fitness floor.
- August 14, 2017, Chris Cheatham, CEHD - Qualtrics - Unit - Approved
Cloud survey tool for research for students, faculty and staff, previously approved on June 26, 2012
- August 10, 2017, Jason Barnes, Development - Affinaquest - Enterprise - Approved
Cloud service to support increased campaign efforts
- August 9, 2017, James Bronson, Registrar - Diplomatic - Unit - Approved
Cloud service to allow alumni to order replacement diplomas online
- August 9, 2017, Genevieve Ludwig, Enrollment Management - YouVisit - Unit - Approved
Cloud service to provide a virtual tour solution for EM
- July 25, 2017, Colin MacCreery, Computer Science - JIRA - Unit - Approved
Ticketing system/project management
- July 24, 2017, Julie Carroll, Business/Finance - TaxSelect - Unit - Approved
Cloud product to handle 1098-T tax forms
- July 21, 2017, Jessica Swartz, OGC - NetDocuments - Unit - Approved
Cloud product to allow for the storage of legal contracts and supporting documents, used with Action Step
- July 21, 2017, Jessica Swartz, OGC - Action Step - Unit - Approved
Cloud product to provide end-to-end management, integrated time billing and accounting and workflow automation features
- July 14, 2017, Colin Maccreery, Computer Science - Spark - Unit - Approved
Cloud service for encrypted interdepartmental communication.
- July 13, 2017, Christine Horsmon, Mathematics - WileyPlus - Unit - Conditional approval
Cloud online homework system
- June 21, 2017, David Bennett, OVPR - Sophia - Unit - Approved
Cloud service to replace use of WMU based server software for more efficient posting of technologies developed at WMU to sites that will advertise these technologies.
- June 19, 2017, Dan Lobelle, OUR - Siteimprove Intelligence Platform - Unit - Approved
Cloud service to provide auditing and reporting of web accessibility standards compliance for WMU websites
- June 19, 2017, Ewa Urban, Career and Student Employment - Career Tools - Unit - Approved
Cloud service to allow student access to career related information
- May 17, 2017, Melissa Bininger, OIT - WebsiteAlive - Unit - Approved
Chat option for the Technology Help Desk
- May 16, 2017, Bryon Glock, EUP - Sight Deck - Unit - Approved
Hardware and software to connect two classrooms - Florida to Michigan for face to face virtual connectivity
- May 10, 2017, Bryon Glock, EUP - VDI Solution - Unit - Approved
Hardware and software to allow online programs in information security for students to have a virtual lab
- May 10, 2017, Brandi Engel, Student Affairs Marketing - Wrike - Unit - Approved
Cloud service for project management for designers and clients they work with
- April 20, 2017, Bryon Glock, EUP - Campus CE - Unit - Approved
Cloud service for event registration and membership management tool for use by Osher Lifelong Learning Institute at WMU
- March 14, 2017, Jacob Lonc, behalf of Lawson - Max Galaxy - Unit - Approved
Cloud service to provide more efficient ice and pool rentals
- March 8, 2017, Ken Fifelski, Facilities Management - FM Pro Roofing - Unit - Approved
Cloud service roof asset management to provide historical data on roof components
- February 6, 2017, Jon Collier, Haenicke Institute, Slack - Unit - Approved for this department use, others must submit a request
Cloud communication tool for departmental use
- November 29, 2016, Todd Mossman, Business and Finance, Eligibility Feed - Unit - Approved
For LTD and life claim intake
- Nov. 17, 2016, Hans Zoeller, Athletics, TeamWorks Projects - Unit - Approved
Cloud service to aid in planning and managing bowl game trip as well as day-to-day football operations
- Nov. 15, 2016, Laura Thomas, Registrar, 25Live - Unit - Approved
Cloud service for room scheduling to replace end of life Resource25
- Nov. 11. 2016, Jacob Lonc, behalf of Paper Tech Foundation Convergence Training - Unit - Approved
Cloud service to provide additional materials to students in paper engineering program
- Nov. 10, 2016, Matt Stoops - Jennifer Johnson, Paper Tech Foundation - Papermaking Sci. and Tech. eBook - Unit - Approved
Cloud service to provide additional materials to students in paper engineering program
- Nov. 3, 2016, Hans Zoeller, Athletics - JumpForward - Unit - Approved
Cloud service to improve organization of recruiting process
- October 26, 2016, Nicole Hop-Martinez, Financial Aid, AcademicWorks - Unit - Approved
Cloud service to streamline scholarship application process for students and allow for tracking dollars
- October 14, 2016, Scott Russell, Library, Youcanbookm.me - Unit - Approved
Cloud service for students to schedule reference appointments with librarians
- September 29, 2016 Scott Russell, Library, CAIASOFT - Unit - Approved
Cloud product to replace LAS software for University archives storage and retrieval management
- September 15, 2016, Jacob Lonc, AUX, Act-on - Unit - Approved
Cloud marketing automation system to potentially replace Exact Target
- September 12, 2016, Brandi Engel, DOSA, Slack - Unit - Approved (Approval has been granted only for this requestor's use; other units must submit a product review request if they wish to use this product.)
Cloud communication tool for Web Users Group
- September 1, 2016, Hans Zoeller, Athletics, Gold XOS Thunder HD - Unit - Approved
Replacing Pucks for ice hockey digital video editing
- August 23, 2016, Hans Zoeller, Athletics, SportsCode - Unit - Approved
Video editing/clipping product for men's and women's basketball
- August 8, 2016, Carrie Cumming, Registrar, Universitytickets - Unit - Approved
Electronic system to manage graduation tickets
- August 3, 2016, Jennifer Palmatier, Zhang Career Center HCoB, Career Fair Plus - Unit - Approved
Cloud service to coordinate career fairs.
- August 2, 2016, Jonathan Collier, Haenicke, Joan Meeting Room Assistant - Unit - Approved
Cloud service conference room scheduling display
- July 25, 2016, Kai Chapman, Development and Alumni, Giving Tree - Unit - Approved
SaaS - to improve and expand ability to maximize fundraising and alumni engagement
- July 18, 2016, Todd Mossman, HR - Part D Advisors - Approved
Service to manage retiree drug subsidy in coordination with BCBSM.
- July 15, 2016, Jacob Lonc, AUX - Ridehop - Unit - Approved
Replace existing DoubleMap, GPS tracking for buses.
- July 1, 2016, J. Adam Bennett, Psychology, Catalyst - Unit - Approved
Data collection for the Autism Center
- June 10, 2016, Terrell Hodge, SFA, Rapid Insight Analytics Suite and Quick-Start Enrollment Modeling - Unit - Approved
Comprehensive enrollment management plan
- June 2, 2016, Chad Stec, DOSA, Tableau Desktop - Unit - Approved
To generate visual analysis of data from housing, dining and other DOSA systems
- May 31, 2016, Carrie Cumming, Registrar, Parchment - Unit - Approved
Cloud service replacement using current transcript vendor
- May 20, 2016, J. Adam Bennett, Psychology, Pathfinder HI - Unit - Approved
Scheduling, data collection, insurance billing, etc. for Kalamazoo Autism Center
- May 20, 2016, J. Adam Bennett, Psychology, Laserfiche - Unit - Conditionally approved
Document management for Kalamazoo Autism Center
- May 20, 2016, Scott Russell, Libraries, EZproxy - Unit - Approved
Connect library users to e-content with Bronco NetID single sign-on
- May 17, 2016, Hans Zoeller, Athletics, My Online Camps - Unit - Approved
Cloud service to host registration and management of of all sports camps
- May 5, 2016, Jacob Lonc, West Hills, Club Mobile App - Unit - Approved
Cloud service to allow club members to fitness track
- May 3, 2016, Pavel Ikonomov, EDMMS, Unreal Engine 4 - Unit - Approved
Virtual reality technologies for student classroom use
- April 13, 2016, Carol Sundberg, Unified Clinics, Electronic Medical Record - Unit - Approved
Teaching clinics need an EMR to stay compliant with health care regulations
- April 13, 2016, Hans Zoeller, Athletics, SIDEARM Software and Support - Unit - Approved
Moving hosting of the Athletics website from current vendor to SIDEARM Sports
- April 6, 2016, Trever Cornwell, EUP, Robohead Project Management - Unit - Approved
Cloud service to replace existing marketing product
- March 29, 2016, Bradley Morgan, OIT, Mediasite - Enterprise - Approved
Moving from locally hosted to cloud hosted
- March 25, 2016, Scott Russell, Library, REPOX - Unit - Approved
Data aggregation and interoperability manager to manage data spaces
- March 16, 2016, Glen Dillon, SALP-WIDR, iMediaLogger5 - Unit - Approved
To allow creation of a digital 24/7 broadcast log
- February 15, 2016, Chris Cligh, SALP, OohLaLa - Unit - Approved
Cloud service to increase student engagement
- February 12, 2016, Devon Miller, Facilities Engineering, Clocksworks - Unit - Approved
Cloud building performance management software
- February 8, 2016, Jay Treiman, Math, Aleks PPL - Unit - Conditional approval
Cloud service placement exam that needs to interface with Banner
- January 28, 2016, Jacob Lonc, AUX, Bluehost Cloud - Unit - Approved
Cloud service to provide 24/7 web hosting/support
- December 17, 2015 Pavel Ikonomov, EDMM, Mach 3 - Unit - Approved
Teaching CAM machining and 3D printing for EDMM classes.
- November 10, 2015 Simon Forde, Medieval, BooksoniX - Unit - Approved
Cloud service to manage publications database
- November 10, 2015 Sherine Obare, CAS, Gateways to Completion - Unit - Approved
Cloud service to transform institutional data into usable material to better understand needs of students
- September 14, 2015 William Craft, Diversity/Inclusion, Mentoring for Success - Unit - Conditional approval
- September 9, 2015 Martin Klemm, WMUK, Radio Traffic - Unit - Approved
Cloud based system for handling radio traffic
- August 24, 2015 Bryon Glock, EUP, Bluejeans Video Conferencing - Unit - Approved
Cloud based bridging for video conferencing, needed for multi-site codecs and partners outside of WMU
- August 10, 2015, Scott Centilli, CoeHD/HPHE, Fitnessgram 10 - Unit - Approved
Cloud service to replace existing offering.
- July 28, 2015 Patrick Williams, OIT, AirMedia - Unit - Approved
To provide wireless video transmission via existing network infrastructure in a/v conference rooms
- June 30, 2015 Adam Adrianson, Libraries, Guide on the Side - Unit - Approved
Free open source lamp application
- June 3, 2015 Trever Cornwell, EUP, TimeTrade - Unit - Approved
Cloud service to enable scheduling of appointments and testing center resources
- June 2, 2015 Donald Gribbin, Accountancy, WileyPlus - Unit - Approved
Cloud course support software for ACTY 3100 and ACTY 3110
- May 20, 2015, Bryon Glock, EUP, Ungerboeck - Unit - Approved
Move existing product to cloud
- May 18, 2015, Jacob Lonc, AE, Payment Gateway - Unit - Approved
SaaS to allow processing of payments through new ticketing system
- April 28, 2015, Timothy Palmer/Christina Stamper, Management, CATME - Unit - Approved
No charge peer appraisal system
- April 9, 2015, Jon Collier, Haenicke Institute, Hosted TDS for Study Abroad - Unit - Approved
Cloud service for study abroad
- April 1, 2015, Kyle Wroble, Athletics, Student File - Unit - Approved
Verify student registration at games
- March 11, 2015, Joan Herrington, Theatre, Accept'd - Unit - Approved
Cloud service to simply application to the theatre department
- February 26, 2015, Jacob Lonc, Auxiliary Enterprises - ConnectOnce - Unit - Approved
To allow bookstore a more convenient way for course materials.
- March 3, 2015, Tom Marquardt, OIT, Service Desk Plus - Unit - Approved
Help Desk ticketing system.
- January 9, 2015, Adam Knight, Auxiliary Enterprises - Screen Connect - Approved
To provide non-cloud based remote access to client workstations for support purposes
- December 11, 2014, Eric Archer, ELRT - MAXQDA Plus - Removed from review
- December 10, 2014, Sherria Taylor, Family and Consumer Sciences - EQS - Removed from review
Statistical analysis product
- December 3, 2014, Matt Kulik, Athletics - When I Work - Approved
Student employee scheduling product
- November 13, 2014, Felix Brooks, Social Work - Cenagae LTI - Unit - Completed
Integration of publisher content with Elearning
- November 12, 2014, May Chang, Library, PPM Roadmap - Approved (not renewing subscription due to lack of use)
Cloud-based project management tool
- November 11, 2014, Paula Kohler, OVPR, Competition Space - Unit - Approved
Cloud-based service to allow OVPR to run and manage internal funding programs
- November 7, 2014, Jacob Lonc, Auxiliary Enterprises, EMS Regics - Approved
Conference registration solution for Medieval conference
- October 6, 2014, Kyle Wroble, Athletics, Paciolan Access Management - Approved
For ticket scanning and validation at sporting events
- September 24, 2014, Jon Collier, Haenicke, Insightly - Approved
Cloud-based CRM to allow Haenicke to coordinate and keep track of contacts and organizations
- September 15, 2014, Adam Knight, AE, Password Manager Pro - Approved
Allow secure sharing of passwords among IT staff.
- September 5, 2014, Thomas Marquardt, OIT, Nintex Workflow for Everyone - Withdrawn
Works with Sharepoint to create workflows and custom forms
- August 28, 2014, Thomas Marquardt, OIT, iTop - Withdrawn
Service management system
- August 28, 2014, Jun Oh, Civil and Construction Engineering, VISSIM - Approved
To provide students with advanced technology and help prepare for future jobs.
- August 14, 2014, Bernard Han, BIS, VA Vista CPRS - Approved
Free software from Veterans Affairs for Health Information and Information Mgmt students to use
- August 12, 2014, Kyle Wroble, Athletics, XOS Thunder - Approved
SaaS to access to existing XOS implementation
- August 7, 2014, Jon Collier, Haenicke Institute CELCIS, Turn It In - Approved
SaaS to check for plagiarism and offer assessment and feedback
- August 1, 2014, Paul Terzino, Bernhard Center, Digital Signage System and Cloud Server Access - Approved
SaaS for digital signage at the Bernhard Center
- July 24, 2014, Kyle Wroble, Athletics, ScriptPro - Approved
SaaS to manage scripts for multiple sports
- July 16, 2014, Athletics, DonationXchange - Approved
SaaS for donations to Athletics department
- July 8, 2014, Thomas Marquardt, OIT - Service Anywhere - Withdrawn
SaaS to replace current Help Desk ticketing system
- June 23, 2014, Adam Newsted, OIT - Microsoft Project Server - Approved
Project portfolio management system for OIT
- June 21, 2014, Thomas Rienzo, BIS - MyITLab - Approved
SaaS - for training and assessment for BIS students
- June 20, 2014, Abiola Akanmu, Civil and Construction Engineering - Vico - Approved
Teaching construction estimating and project control
- June 18, 2014, Tyler Payne, OIT (changed from Anetra Grice, Dec. 3, 2015) - Remind - Unit - Approved
SaaS - to create text messaging list.
- June 16, 2014, La Shaunda Webb, CoEHD - Fitnessgram - Approved
Part of iPad project to integrate apps and iPads
- June 13, 2014, Kyle Wroble, Athletics - DVSport HD - Approved
For creating football videos.
- May 27, 2014, Jacob Lonc, Auxiliary Enterprises - PatronManager CRM - Approved
SaaS - Miller Auditorium CRM
- May 20, 2014, Jacob Lonc, Auxiliary Enterprises - Tessitura Software - Approved
SaaS - Miller Auditorium CRM
- May 13, 2014, Ewa Urban, Career and Student Employment - CSO - Withdrawn, to pursue another product
SaaS - to post and search for jobs
- May 12, 2014, Rory Murphy, Facilities Management - GoGo Gate Device - Withdrawn to pursue another product
Device to allow paraplegic students to call elevator using iPhone, iPad or Android
- April 30, 2014, Kelly Davidson, Payroll and Disbursements - Money Network - Approved
Replacing current payroll paycard vendor
- April 18, 2014, Robert Armbrister, Development and Alumni Relations - CyberSource - Approved
SaaS - to work with already in use SmartCall for processing payments
- April 10, 2014, Judith Swisher, Finance and Commercial Law - Bloomberg Professional - Approved
To better prepare FCL students for a career in finance
- April 8, 2014, Jacob Lonc, Auxiliary Enterprises - Authorize.Net Payment Gateway - Approved
SaaS payment service for Club Automation
- March 13, 2014, Jennifer Halseth, Payroll and Disbursements - Hertz Reservation System - Approved
SaaS - for making reservations with Hertz, WMU's new contracted car rental vendor
- March 12, 2014, Bradley Morgan, OIT - iTunes Course Management - Approved
SaaS - for faculty using iPads in their curriculum
- March 6, 2014, Peter Gustafson, MAE - MAC/GMC - Approved
Research code provided by NASA for use by submitter and his students
- March 5, 2014, Jennifer Halseth, Payroll and Disbursements - Western Union GlobalPay - Approved
Electronic authorization workflow for international payment processing
- February 24, 2014, Patty Mikowski, Unified Clinics - Medisoft - Approved
Handle billing, etc. for Unified Clinics
- February 7, 2014, Jon Collier, CELCIS - CELCIS Database - Conditional approval
Create database in house.
- January 28, 2014, Olivia Lanctot, CHHS - SalesForce.com - Approved
SaaS - preferred CRM for Western Regional Center for Michigan Area Health Education Centers for grant
- January 23, 2014, Susan Copeland and Christine Horsmon , Mathematics - MyMathLab/MathXL - Approved
SaaS - enhance student learning and expand assessment options.
- January 22, 2014, Jennifer Hudson, MAE - Systems Tool Kit - Approved
To introduce students to industry-standard software.
- January 13, 2014, Carol Sundberg, Unified Clinics - HIPAA Vulnerability Assessment - Approved
Contract for service, not a product, to provide HIPAA assessment
- January 12, 2014, Alan Rea, HCoB - Connect - Approved
SaaS - enables students to view multimedia examples
- January 03, 2014, LaShaunda Webb, CoEHD - iTunes - Approved
SaaS - iPad integration
- January 03, 2014, Caroline Webber, Family and Consumer Sciences - EndNote - Approved
SaaS - Bibliographic and research purposes.
- December 17, 2013, Christopher Voss, University Recreation - WhentoWork.com - Approved
SaaS - Online scheduling
- December 17, 2013, Jacob Lonc, Auxiliary Enterprises - DoubleMap - Approved
SaaS - Bus location in real time
- December 16, 2013, LaShaunda Webb, CoEHD - Stratalogica -Withdrawn by LaShaunda
Integrates iPads and supporting apps.
- December 16, 2013, LaShaunda Webb, CoEHD - Evernotes - Approved
SaaS - Integrates iPads and supporting apps.
- December 2, 2013, Stephanie Peterson, Psychology - Iris Connect - Approved
SaaS - Grant project for tele-consultation with Community Mental Health agencies
- October 30, 2013, Bradley Morgan, OIT - Camtasia - Approved
To support WMU's videostreaming and screen capture initiatives.
- October 22, 2013, Glenn Schrauben, Ed Leadership -JMP 11 - Approved
Statistical software with more capabilities than existing.
- October 14, 2013, Robert Armbrister, Dev/Alumni - Tableau - Withdrawn to pursue another product
Analyze data collected in CRM.
- October 9, 2013, Dan Lobelle, University Relations - Bitbucket - Approved
SaaS - Code repository and version control for WMU Webdevelopers.
- October 9, 2013, Andy McHugh, Dev/Alumni - BitTorrent Sync - Tabled per requestor
SaaS - File synchronization between users and WMU servers.
- October 7, 2013, Chad Stec, Student Affairs - Veeam Backup Essentials - Approved
Reduces time to rebuild vitualized guests in event of disaster or system failure.
- October 3, 2013, Kelly Davidson, Payroll - Presort Services - Approved
SaaS - printing and mailing of W2 tax forms
- September 23, 2013, Donald Schreiber, Chemistry - Mastering - Withdrawn
SaaS - online homework system for large lecture classes
- September 20, 2013, Ann Tyler, Speech Pathology and Audiology - Calipso - Approved
SaaS - manages clinical education and accreditation documentation
- September 20, 2013, Alonzo Wilson, OIT - OpenFire - Approved
Chat server to replace GroupWise Messenger
- September 18, 2013, Sean Bashaw, Chemistry - Sapling Online Homework Program - Withdrawn
Program to allow students to do homework online with provided tutorials
- September 17, 2013, Deborah O'Keefe, School of Music - Decision Desk - Approved
SaaS - music school apply/submit media product
- August 26, 2013, Tom Marquardt, OIT - FrontRange Heat - Withdrawn to pursue another product
SaaS - Trouble ticket system
- August 26, 2013, Glenn Schrauben, ELRT CoEHD - NVIVO - Approved
Qualitative research product
- August 13, 2013, Scott Centilli, CoEHD - Meraki - Approved
SaaS - Mobile device management
- August 2, 2013, Bryon Glock, EUP - GenBook - Withdrawn, vendor would not comply
Advising session scheduler to work with Webmail Plus
- July 31, 2013, Paul Terzino, Bernhard Center - VisiCount - Approved
Building traffic gathering hardware/software
- July 22, 2013, Ed Kluk, OIT, ServiceNow - Withdrawn
SaaS - Service management product.
- July 16, 2013, Sheila Atherton, Accounting Services - form printing outsourcing - Approved
Submit text from WMU to third party vendor for printing and mailing.
- July 15, 2013, Robert Armbrister, Auxiliary Enterprise - AirWatch - Withdrawn to pursue another product - see Meraki review
SaaS - Remotely monitor and wipe deployed iPads.
- July 9, 2013, Lynn Kelly-Albertson, Career Services - Versatile Ph.D. - Approved
SaaS - Online support and job resources for graduate students.
- July 2, 2013, Frank Gambino, Marketing Department - Certified Category Management Library of E-learning Courseware - Approved
SaaS - To allow certification for Food and Consumer Products Goods Marketing program
- July 2, 2013, Craig Wolford, Accounting Services - 5/3 Mobile Accept - Approved
SaaS - Allow acceptance of credit cards from mobile devices.
- July 1, 2013, Adam Newsted, OIT - PaperCut NG - Approved
Wireless/remote printing in computer labs.
- June 25, 2013, Adam Newsted, OIT - LabStats with AppUse Add-on - Approved
To produce statistics for all student-accessible labs
- June 24, 2013, Robert Armbrister, Auxiliary Enterprise - Club Automation - Approved
SaaS - For Westhills membership management
- May 10, 2013, Holly Mathews, Physician Assistance - ACE MAPP - Approved
SaaS - Clinical placement requirement for Southeast Michigan clinical rotation sites.
- May 7, 2013, Scott Puckett, Enrollment Management - iPad and Mobile Counselor Web Application - Approved
iPads/services for admissions counselors.
- April 22, 2013, Andrew Phelps, College of Arts and Sciences - Michigan State High Speed Computing Cluster - Approved
SaaS - Clustered high speed computing needs for research.
- April 15, 2013, Ralph Tanner, Computer and Electrical Engineering - Controls Laboratory Equipment - Approved
To establish a controls laboratory for ECE faculty and students.
- April 11, 2013, Joe Fee, Evaluation Center - Open Journal Systems - Withdrawn
SaaS - Journal management and publishing.
- April 2, 2013, Carol Sundberg, Unified Clinics - Streamline - Approved
SaaS - Electronic health records for clinical services at Unified Clinics and Disability Services.
- Mar. 7, 2013, John MacKenzie, OIT - Camtasia Relay Server - Approved
SaaS - Simplify uploading to MediSite Live from various recording media.
- Mar. 5, 2013, Chad Stec, Student Affairs - Towel Tracker - Approved
Towel service tracker for student recreational center members.
- Feb. 19, 2013, Fawn Callen, OIT - XpressConnect Wizard - Approved
Secure wireless solution.
- Feb. 15, 2013, Bryon Glock, EUP - LifeSize Team View 220 - Approved
- Feb. 8, 2013, Joe Armstrong, Athletics - Hudl - Approved
SaaS - Service for viewing football recruit videos.
- Feb. 7, 2013, Joe Armstrong, Athletics - InControl - Approved
SaaS - Service for recruiting, compliance and records management for the football program.
- Feb. 4, 2013, Amy Brimmer, Human Resources - Articulate Studio - Withdrawn
Create courses, quizzes and interactive content by converting Powerpoint slides.
- Jan. 23, 2013, Regina Buckner, Library - LAS - Approved
Library archival software.
- Dec. 17, 2012, HCoB Econ databases - Approved
Renewal of existing arrangements.
- Dec. 14, 2012, Bryon Glock, EUP - PaperCut - Withdrawn
Manage print tracking for EUP labs.
- Dec. 12, 2012, Gordon Bolar, WMUK - Quick Pledge - Withdrawn
SaaS - Service for sharing NPR content and information and taking pledges.
- Nov. 27, 2012, Bryon Glock, EUP - Alfresco - Withdrawn
- Oct. 29, 2012, Steve Jones, College of Aviation - TalonMobile - Approved
SaaS - System for College of Aviation's remote hosted ETA and RMS products.
- Oct. 24, 2012, Joe Armstrong, Athletics - Win AD - Approved
SaaS - System for athletic directors.
- Oct. 17, 2012, Tammy Miller, Institutional Equity - Berkshire AAP Web - Approved
SaaS - Replacement for affirmative action reporting.
- Oct. 5, 2012, Trevor Cornwell, EUP - Consulting Services - Approval
Sharepoint portal development for managing online and regional course approval.
- Sep. 26, 2012, Joe Armstrong, Athletics - XOS Thunder - Approved
Upgrade to existing program used by Hockey program
- Sep. 25, 2012, Chris Cheatum, College of Health and Human Services - iPad Pilot Program - Approved
Purchase iPads for faculty members to enhance instructional activities.
- Sep. 7, 2012, Michael Strong, TotalTECH - InComm - Approved
Standalone system for TotalTech to offer an Apple promotional gift card with purchase of Apple product.
- Aug. 27, 2012, Gordon Bolar, WMUK - Listener Interactive - Approved
Mobile application for WMUK.
- Aug. 24, 2012, Robert Armbrister, Auxiliary Enterprise - PRISM Mobile POS - Approved
Mobile point of sale solution for Bookstore.
- Aug. 20, 2012, Tom Thinnes, College of Aviation - Hubspot - Approved
SaaS - Service to increase SEO ratings and increase contact management and strategies.
- Aug. 14, 2012, Andrew McHugh, Development and Alumni - Dropbox - Withdrawn
Allow synchronization of Dropbox files to Dropbox system, bypassing use of VPN.
- July 31, 2012, Steve Jones, College of Aviation - Foreflight - Approved
iPad application for College of Aviation
- July 31, 2012, Greg Lozeau, OIT - SANS Securing the Human - Approved
SaaS - Self-paced security training.
- June 26, 2012, Doug Fairful, Sindecuse Health Center - Unitrends - Approved
Backup and disaster recovery system.
- June 26, 2012, Terrell Hodge, College of Arts and Sciences - Qualtrics Survey Tool - Approved
SaaS - Survey tool with advanced options.
- June 14, 2012, Cam Vossen, Public Safety - RaveAlert - Approved
SaaS - Campus emergency notification system with text messaging.
- May 14, 2012, Jay Hoinville, OVPR - SciVal Experts - Approved
SaaS - Foster research collaboration between WMU and other universities by making known WMU research strengths.
- May 4, 2012, Paul Howell, Library - LUNA Insight - Approved
SaaS - Migrate existing locally hosted product to a cloud service.
- April 10, 2012, Scott Puckett, Enrollment Management - Financial Literacy 101 - Approval
SaaS - Financial literacy program for incoming freshmen.
- Mar. 23, 2012, Doug Fairful, Sindecuse Health Center - Orchard - Approved
Laboratory information system.
- Mar. 23, 2012, Keith Kelley, Library - LibAnswers - Approved
Reference desk knowledge database.
- Mar. 22, 2012, Toni Woolfork-Barnes, First Year Experience - AlcoholEdu - Approved
SaaS - Alcohol awareness program for incoming freshmen.
- Mar. 20, 2012, Karen Stokes Chapo, Assessment - TracDat Sharepoint Option - Approved
For ease of reporting and use of TracDat.
- Feb. 28, 2012, Michael Sharer, OVPR - Wellspring IP Db hosting service - Withdrawn
IP database hosting service.
- Feb. 15, 2012, Shannon Becker, Simplex True Insite - Approved
SaaS - Service will allow fire alarm panels to be monitored for troubles by a third-party.
- Feb. 14, 2012, Chad Stec, SenSource People Counter - Withdrawn
Automate people counting to monitor real traffic flow in building.
- Jan. 25, 2012, Robert Armbrister, Reservation Nexus - Approved
SaaS - Online reservation and payment system
- May 16, 2017, Richard Burton, OIT - Security Center - Infrastructure - Approved
Better reporting to the end users and ability of them to run their own reports
- February 13, 2017, James Lane, Library - Luna - Infrastructure - Conditional approval
Cloud service to configure authentication for a vendor supported web application
- January 19, 2017, Michael Sisk, Business and Finance, Blue Cross Blue Shield 824 SFTP File Subm. - Infrastructure - Approved
Process improvement for HR benefit enrollment
- December 17, 2014, Scott Centilli, Education - Device Enrollment Program - Approved
Manages mobile devices
- September 29, 2014, Brad Morgan, OIT, Load Impact - Approved
Cloud service to test servers for ability to handle projected client use.
- July 1, 2013, Rory Murphy, Facilities Management - iNet Control - Approved
SaaS - Instrument fleet settings and calibration control system
- June 11, 2013, Christoper Caprara, Facilities Management - Energy CAP Enterprises - Approved
SaaS - To improve support of existing energy CAP enterprise database
- April 10, 2013, Kirk Dillery, Facilities Management - Niagara AX - Approved
Update replacement to no longer supported product to integrate control products for facilities management
- Oct. 10, 2012, George Kohrman, OIT - Haivision - Approved
Replacement for EduCable services
- May 24, 2012, Michael Hodgkinson, Facilities Management - ESI Skyspark - Approved
Monitor, compile and evaluate data from campus mechanical systems through building automation system
- February 13, 2018, Margaret von Steinen, Government Affairs - Capitol Impact - Enterprise Support - Approved
Renewal of Advocacy Website
- August, 25, 2017, Scott Puckett, OBF - ECRT Effort Reporting - Enterprise Support - Approved
Cloud service to automate completion and submission of time and effort grant reporting for WMU
- May 5, 2017, Robert Johnson, OIT - DUO Two-Factor Authentication - Enterprise Support - Approved
Cloud service to provide additional user protection for accessing specific enterprise services
- March 16, 2017, Fen Yu, Inst. Research - Faculty180 - Enterprise Support - Approved
Cloud service to provide PAR for faculty
- March 3, 2017, Jason Barnes, Development and Alumni - MobileCause - Enterprise Support - Approved
Cloud service to engage prospects via mobile platforms to increase revenue.
- February 9, 2017, Jacob Lonc, PCI Committee - CampusGuard Portal - Enterprise support - Approved
InCommon Shibboleth connection from CampusGuard to WMU
- June 4, 2014, Evelyn Winfield, Institutional Equity - Maxient - Approved
SaaS - to allow data/file management for department to go paperless
- October 7, 2013, Patrick Munley, Cns Ed/Cns Psych - TK20 - Approved
SaaS - Student assessment software
- July 9, 2013, Susan Stapleton, Grad College - ApplyYourself - Approved
SaaS - To improve the graduate admission system
- Feb. 5, 2013, Michael Roe, Diversity and Inclusion/Disability Services for Students - Accommodate - Approved
SaaS - ortal to interface with students using disability services
- Feb. 8, 2012, Chad Stec, Maxient Conduct Manager - Approved
SaaS - Student conduct application replacement
- January 10, 2017, Michael Roe, Enrollment Management, Salesforce with TargetX - Enterprise - Approved
Cloud consolidated enterprise customer/contact/constituent management system for University
- February 12, 2016, Jody Brylinsky, Institutional Effectiveness, Campus Labs - Enterprise - Approved
Integrated campus-wide technology to support program review
- May 14, 2015, Adam Newsted, OIT, Office 365 Education E1 - Enterprise - Approved
- October 8, 2014 Trevor Cornwell/Susan Stapleton, Graduate College, Radius - Enterprise - Complete
SaaS - to manage prospective student inquiries and communication
- August 19, 2014, Lynn Kelly-Albertson, Career and Student Employment, Handshake - Approved
SaaS to provide relevant career development and job search information
- June 3, 2014, Keith Kelley, Library - Alma - Approved
SaaS - enterprise services for Library
- March 10, 2014, Chad Stec, Residence Life - Resident Management Systems - Approved
To implement a single vendor solution that encompasses residence halls and apartments
- March 4, 2014, Adam Newsted, OIT - Google Apps for Education - Approved
SaaS based collaboration tools for students and faculty