To provide scholarships for dance majors who demonstrate financial need and artistic and intellectual promise.
- Both current and new dance majors at Western Michigan University may apply.
- Dance majors who are currently enrolled must demonstrate achievement in choreography and/or performance, service, professional commitment, and satisfactory progress toward completing the requirements of the dance program. It is expected that recipients of this award serve as positive role models for other students. Must maintain overall GPA of 2.5 and dance GPA of 3.0. Must demonstrate financial need.
- New dance majors will be considered for this scholarship based on the Department of Dance audition process as scheduled each October and November. Auditions consist of taking class sessions in ballet, jazz, modern and improvisation, being interviewed by a faculty member and writing a brief, impromptu essay.
- Scholarship continuation for the winter semester will be determined by the dance faculty during the fall semester, based on available funds and maintenance of eligibility requirements.
- New majors must demonstrate progress toward achieving the eligibility requirements for current students.
- Recipients of this scholarship may reapply for this award on an annual basis.