All rooms are connected to ResNet, the high-speed residential computing network at Western Michigan University. Besides the faster wired jacks in each room, Wi-Fi is also available in individual rooms and public areas of all residence halls and in Western View Apartments. Every resident living in WMU-owned apartments and residence halls will be charged an Internet fee. The charge is $80 per semester for fall and spring and $40 each for summer I and summer II. This charge is billed to each student's WMU account.
All University policies and procedures apply to the use of ResNet. The University also enforces an acceptable use policy and the Digital Millennium Copyright Act regarding downloading or sharing copyrighted movies and music. Use of ResNet in violation of any University policy or procedure may result in student conduct charges. Routers, wireless access points, and combo router/access points may not be connected to ResNet.
- ResNet frequently asked questions
- Connecting to ResNet
- Adding your game console to ResNet
- ResNet acceptable use policy
- Digital Millennium Copyright Act violations
- File sharing (peer-to-peer) FAQ
- Computing rules and policies
Need more help?
- Hours vary, please see the Help Desk and Mobile Help Desk websites for specific times
- Telephone: (269) 387-4357, option 1
- Username and password questions
- Internet access troubleshooting
- Software troubleshooting
- Internet set-up