The College of Arts and Sciences Faculty Achievement Award in Professional and Community Service is one of four Faculty Achievement Awards.
This award is based on:
- An accumulated record of achievement, rather than a single service project or event (except in rare occasions).
- Evidence of the beneficial impact of the recipient's work on the effectiveness of the University, a community organization or professional association. If the award is substantially based on community service, nominators should address the impact of the nominee's work on university/community relations.
- Outstanding service, including service to the University, community and professional organizations.
- Work primarily done while at WMU.
All awards are subject to final budgetary approval and authorization by the dean of the College.
Note: Faculty who have received a Faculty Achievement Award are not eligible to receive a subsequent award in the same category within five years.
In addition to the nomination form, nominations must also include:
- Detailed descriptions of up to three service accomplishments while a faculty member at WMU
- Statement by the nominator
- Two sponsoring letters addressing the selection criteria for this award
- Up-to-date C.V.
This award will be offered for the deadline listed as long as funds are available.
College of Arts and Sciences Dean's Office
2304 Friedmann Hall, Mail Stop 5308
Kalamazoo MI 49008-5308
Please do not hesitate to contact the College of Arts and Sciences dean's office with any questions or concerns.