The Western Michigan University College of Arts and Sciences Faculty Achievement Award in Research and Creative Activity is one of four Faculty Achievement Awards.
This award is based on:
- An accumulated record of achievement, rather than a particular piece of research, creative work, or other achievements, except in rare occasions.
- A substantial part of the achievement having been accomplished as a faculty member at WMU.
- Evidence of wide recognition by the academic, professional or artistic community beyond WMU.
- Scholarly achievements in research and creative activity. These achievements may be philosophical, historical, literary, scientific, or technical and must constitute significant contributions to understanding and portraying the human condition or the natural world. The award may be given for disciplinary or interdisciplinary scholarship.
All awards are subject to final budgetary approval and authorization by the dean of the College.
Note: Faculty who have received a Faculty Achievement Award are not eligible to receive a subsequent award in the same category within five years.
In addition to the nomination form, nominations must also include:
- Statement by the nominator
- Two sponsoring letters addressing the selection criteria for this award
- Up-to-date CV
- Up to three samples of the nominee's research or creative activity
This award will be offered for the deadline listed as long as funds are available.
College of Arts and Sciences Dean's Office
2304 Friedmann Hall, Mail Stop 5308
Kalamazoo MI 49008-5308
Please do not hesitate to contact the College of Arts and Sciences dean's office with any questions or concerns.