Eligibility Process

Students with disabilities must make regular application for admission to Western Michigan University and meet all admission standards. Like other admitted students, students with disabilities must demonstrate the ability to do college work successfully. Students with conditions impacting a major life function such as learning may need to request accommodations. No qualified person shall, by reason of disability, be denied access to, participation in, or the benefits of any program or activity operated by Western Michigan University. To request accommodations through Disability Services for Students please click DSS-Accommodate

Orientation information

Course loads and scheduling

Current documentation

Differences between high school and university

Orientation advising

Parent/guardian role

Self advocacy

Types of academic adjustments

Type of university adjustments