The Western Michigan University College of Arts and Sciences Faculty Achievement Award in Teaching is one of four Faculty Achievement Awards.
This award is based on:
- An accumulated record of achievement as a teacher
- Favorable faculty evaluations on student-rating questionnaires, though ratings alone are not sufficient to receive the award
- Outstanding teaching, including graduate and undergraduate classroom instruction, mentoring, independent study, field work, laboratory work, thesis and dissertation advising, undergraduate and graduate advising, curriculum innovation or any other work in which faculty interacts with students to promote learning
- Teaching done at WMU
All awards are subject to final budgetary approval and authorization by the dean of the College.
In addition to the nomination form, nominations must also include:
- Sample of no more than three course syllabi
- Statement by the nominator
- Summary of recent student ratings of teaching, provided by the department chair
- Two sponsoring letters addressing the selection criteria for this award
- Up-to-date C.V.
This award will be offered for the deadline listed as long as funds are available.
College of Arts and Sciences Dean's Office
2304 Friedmann Hall, Mail Stop 5308
Kalamazoo MI 49008-5308
Please do not hesitate to contact the College of Arts and Sciences dean's office with any questions or concerns.