Location:E-204 Floyd Hall, Mail Stop 5336
Mailing address:Department of Industrial and Entrepreneurial Engineering and Engineering Management
Western Michigan University
1903 W Michigan Ave
Kalamazoo MI 49008-5336 USA
- Ph.D., Industrial Engineering, Western Michigan University, 2004
- M.S., Manufacturing Systems Engineering, University of St. Thomas, 2001
- B.S., Robotics Engineering Technology, Lake Superior State University,1985
- Manufacturing operations management
- Project management
- Engineering economic analysis
- On-line engineering education development of six undergraduate level engineering science courses in the manufacturing engineering program.
- Development of computational methods (intellectual property) for simulating sequential periods of production for a manufacturing operation for purposes of planning and performance analysis.
- Extensive involvement with industry providing consulting services related to lean manufacturing, manufacturing strategy development and deployment, engineering economic analysis, engineering standards and cost accounting, discrete event simulation, Manufacturing Execution Systems and Computer Integrated Manufacturing, powder and liquid painting, sheet metal processing, facilities planning and plant design, and project management.
- Industrial Advisory Board member for the Manufacturing Engineering Technology program at Ferris State University, 2005-2009.
- Charter member of the unofficial West Michigan STEM Alliance; a consortium of K-12, community college, university, and educational consulting practitioners self charged with the goal of leveraging synergistic activities between constituents to maximize the impact of STEM resources in west Michigan.