Many of the services that are available for graduate students are provided by the Graduate College's Graduate Center for Research and Retention. Contact Dr. Marianne Di Pierro, or call (269) 387-8249 for more information.
Financial tips for graduate students
Formatting and editing
- 2016 Guidelines for the preparation of dissertations and theses
- Dissertation formatting workshops (see events for current offerings)
- Word processing and editorial services
Social media symposium
- One-on-one statistical consultation: One-on-one statistical consultation for doctoral students in-person, or via Skype
- Statistical consultation flowchart
- Statistics toolbox
- Statistics tutorial videos
- Survey support is provided to students using the QuestionPro survey tool. Access or download the WMU QuestionPro instruction sheet. Please contact Dr. Marianne Di Pierro, or call (269) 387-8249 for more information.
- English and writing support for domestic and international students
- Conflict resolution Support to resolve conflicts between graduate students and graduate advising faculty in a confidential, private setting.
- Email etiquette: Learn professional email etiquette in 12 easy steps
- One-to-one conferencing: Students receive assistance in preparing for the dissertation proposal defense, refining concepts, organizing strategies for completion, and communicating with advisors and committee members.
- Quality circle reviews: A review process directed toward improvement of doctoral dissertation chapters and research grant proposals to ensure the quality of the document before final submission.
- Scholarly publication workshops: (see events for current offerings)
Learn to apply a Ph.D. to non-academic career fields. Students and recent alumni--with access to GoWMU--can access the link in GoWMU, in the My Self Service channel (top left corner). New users must access the subscription through the portal to establish a new account. Once log-in credentials are established, access is available directly at the versatilephd.com website. View the announcement flyer.
*These services are provided by the Graduate College's Graduate Center for Research and Retention which offers support services for graduate students. Contact Dr. Marianne Di Pierro, or call (269) 387-8249 for more information.