The Piper Super Cub was first certified in 1949, powered at the time by a Continental C90-12F. Over time, the power was increased and the final production run at Piper saw the installation of the Lycoming O-320 150hp engine. The PA-18 Super Cub was the last Piper production airplane to carry the Cub nameplate. This seaplane was restored and built by WMU's Aviation Department.
- Number in fleet: 1
- Primary use: Sea plane rating
- Engine: Textron Lycoming O-360 (160BHP)
- Fuel capacity: 36 gallons
- Weight: 1440 pounds (standard empty); 2000 pounds (max tow)
- Dimensions: 22 feet and 7 inches long, 6 feet and 8 inches high, 35 feet and 2 inches wing span, 183.8 feet2 wing area
- Floats: Wipline 2100