U.S. News & World Report has designated Western Michigan University a top national university for 27 consecutive years and has placed it in the top-tier of those universities since 2011. The following points of pride of the Haworth College of Business showcase our quality programs, respected faculty and the reasons why the college of business is the right choice for you and your future!
- The college’s sales and business marketing program has been named a top sales program by the Sales Education Foundation 12 times. Study.com ranks the program No. 1 in the country.
- The integrated supply management program is ranked in the top 10 nationally for undergraduate education by Gartner and No. 2 for supply chain talent by SCM World.
- The college was named one of the nation's best business schools by U.S. News and World Report.
- Two advertising and promotion students were selected to participate in the American Advertising Federation's Most Promising Multicultural Students Program for 2018.
- Integrated supply management students won second place at the GM/Wayne State University Supply Chain Case Competition.
- A team of sales and business marketing students placed second overall at the E & J Gallo Winery Collegiate Sales Competition.
- The Haworth College of Business was named a best business school by the Princeton Review.
- The finance program continues to be recognized by the Chartered Financial Analyst Institute and offers advanced preparation for students to become licensed in securities trading.
- Business information systems students collaborated on a mobile app to help concussion patients manage their symptoms.
- Beta Alpha Psi earned Superior Chapter Recognition for the 34th year.
- The Robert S. Kaiser Sales, Negotiation and Leadership Lab opened in spring 2018 and serves the growing number of students in the sales and business marketing major.
- The Sanford Center for Financial Planning and Wellness will provide a variety of services and impactful financial wellness programs for members of both the greater Kalamazoo community and the campus community.
- Bronco Force and BroncoConnect provide students with the opportunity to consult and work with companies.
- WMU’s Starting Gate, a business accelerator where students can access resources to develop and grow their own businesses, has served more than 67 companies.
- The Greenleaf Trust Trading Room, a state-of-the-art trading lab, gives students valuable hands-on learning experience in financial trading and the study of market trends.
- The Student Professional Readiness Series program was launched to provide students with opportunities to engage in co-curricular experiences.
- The college offers study abroad programs spanning three continents and 15 countries.
- Students in business information systems have opportunities to earn industry-specific certifications and trainings as part of their degrees.
- More than 4,000 students choose to study business at the college each year.
- Nearly 1,000 interviews took place in 2017 with employers seeking Business Broncos for full-time and internship opportunities.
- There were 20,054 student interactions with the Zhang Career Center in 2017.
- 94 percent of students surveyed within three months of graduation reported they were actively engaged in full-time employment, continuing education, military service, part-time employment, self-employment or post-graduate internship or fellowship.