For students in good academic standing
Students who enroll at Western Michigan University but do not return the following term will have one year's valid admission status in which to re-enroll, providing they:
- Left in good standing.
- Have not attended another college since leaving WMU—if the student has subsequently taken additional college work, they must complete the WMU readmission application and have official transcripts sent to the WMU Office of Admissions from each institution attended.
For students who have been academically dismissed
WMU students who have been academically dismissed will normally not be readmitted for at least one fifteen-week semester. The University will require evidence that the causes of past academic problems have been removed before approving a readmission application.
Students who last attended WMU four or more years ago may apply for academic forgiveness. For more information, contact the registrar's office at (269) 387-4300.
Applying for readmission
To be considered for readmission complete the steps below by Aug. 1 for the fall semester and Oct. 1 for spring:
- Complete the WMU readmission application.
- Submit official transcripts from any other institutions that you have attended since you were dismissed from WMU to Office of Admissions, Western Michigan University, Kalamazoo, MI, 49008-5211.
- Submit the following to the CEHD readmission Committee at the address below:
- College of Education and Human Development Readmission Application
- A progress report from the instructor of each class in which you are currently enrolled, if you are taking classes at another institution at the time of application for readmission to WMU.
College of Education and Human Development
Office of Undergraduate Advising
Western Michigan University
1903 W Michigan Ave
Kalamazoo MI 49008-5275
The decision to readmit is determined by the College of Education and Human Development readmission committee or Director of Advising. Petitioning for readmission does not guarantee automatic readmission to the University.