The Writing Center is a wonderful resource for students, faculty and staff who do not speak English as a first language and for all other English language learners. We are happy to assist ELL writers at all levels in every discipline on any number of writing related issues, including:
- Clarifying assignments.
- Understanding genre expectations.
- Brainstorming ideas.
- Understanding difficult texts.
- Preparing for class presentations.
- Improving your ability to communicate in English.
- Completing non class writing tasks.
- Understanding WMU’s plagiarism policy.
In addition to the Writing Center’s appointment and drop-in consultations, there are also a number of helpful online resources that can provide information and useful practice for ELL writers:
- CELCIS Student Activities
- Dave’s English Second Language Café
- Purdue OWL for English Second Language
- University of North Carolina’s Just Check My Grammar
- WMU Academic Honesty Definitions
- WMU Center for English Language and Culture for International Students
- WMU Library Research