Applications for the 2018 - 2019 Academy are due by Friday, June 15, 2018. Please send the application, a letter of interest, a resume or CV, and a letter of support from your direct supervisor or department chair to the Office of Faculty Development at Mail Stop 5268 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
The strength of any organization can be measured by the capacity of its members to be leaders at many levels. WMU is pleased to offer faculty and university professional staff the opportunity to develop their leadership skills through the Academic Leadership Academy.
Participants in the academy will be able to:
- Better lead groups or organizations at WMU or elsewhere.
- Better participate as part of teams in which they are not the leaders.
- Better understand the cultural context of WMU and other institutions.
- Identify and prioritize challenges and leadership opportunities in realms such as academic, research, and economic development and social justice.
- Understand leadership literature and translate that literature into practical application.
The academy is a year-long learning community in which participants and facilitators meet weekly to explore literature on leadership. Discussions include specific situations where leadership skills are used, developed and implemented. Participants meet on Thursdays, from noon to 1:30 p.m. The academy invites faculty and university professional staff, at or above the assistant manager/director level, to attend.
- Wayne Lee Bond II - Career Development Specialist, Career and Student Employment Services
- Heidi Douglas-Vogley - Master Faculty Specialist, Speech-Language-Hearing Sciences
- Brian Gogan - Associate Professor, English
- Jennifer Harrison - Assistant Professor, School of Social Work
- Chris Hunt - Director of Marketing Communications, University Relations
- Ramona Lewis - Faculty Specialist II, Educational Leadership, Research and Technology
- Dave Paul - Instructor and Director of Undergraduate Studies, Department of Philosophy
- Julia Primavera Kuntz, -Egagement Manager, Development and Alumni Relations
- Scott "Scooter" Russell - Director of IT Services, University Libraries
- Lori Wingate - Director of Research, Evaluation Center
For more information about the Academic Leadership Academy contact Jan Gabel-Goes. Applications for the 2018 - 2019 Academy are due by Friday, June 1, 2018