| WMU News
KALAMAZOO, Mich.—Western Michigan University's men's soccer program will face six teams that qualified for the NCAA Tournament last fall in its upcoming 2017 schedule.
The Broncos face a competitive season with 18 total games, 10 of which are home games that will be played in a recently upgraded soccer complex. The complex will have a new playing surface this fall, as a $75,000 fraze mowing facelift and re-seeding is completed this summer. Over the past six years the entire facility has under gone a multi-million dollar transformation, bringing it to the level of one of the best in the Mid-American Conference and the Midwest.
"I am thrilled to release the 2017 game schedule to our supporters," said fifth-year head coach Chad Wiseman. "We're prepared to go up against other big-name programs, including traditional soccer powerhouses and six teams that went to the NCAA Tournament a year ago. The challenge we have in front of us this year is like no other we have created in our tenure."
WMU finished last season with a 9-6-4 overall record and fell to Akron in the MAC Tournament semifinals. The Broncos return 16 players from that team including all-region and All-MAC honorees senior Zach Bock, senior Brandon Bye and senior Drew Shepherd.
Home games are noted in bold.
- Home vs. LIU Brooklyn, 5 p.m., Friday, Aug. 25
- Home vs. Stetson University, 11 a.m., Sunday, Aug. 27
- At Eastern Illinois University, 4 p.m., Friday, Sept. 1
- Home vs. University of Cincinnati, 3 p.m., Monday, Sept. 4
- At Butler University, 8 p.m., Friday, Sept. 8
- At Drake University, 4 p.m., Sunday, Sept. 10
- At Oakland University, 7 p.m., Thursday, Sept. 14
- Alumni Weekend at home vs. University of Dayton, 1 p.m., Sunday, Sept. 17
- Home vs. University of Michigan, 5 p.m., Wednesday, Sept. 20
- At University of Maryland, 7 p.m., Saturday, Sept. 23
- At University of Portland, 10 p.m., Friday, Sept. 29
- Home vs. Michigan State University, 4:30 p.m., Wednesday, Oct. 4
- Big Bronco Tailgate at home vs. University of Akron, 1 p.m., Saturday, Oct. 7
- At Northern Illinois University, 8 p.m., Saturday, Oct. 14
- Home vs. University of Wisconsin, 4 p.m., Tuesday, Oct. 17
- At West Virginia University, 7 p.m., Friday, Oct. 20
- Home vs. Southern Illinois University, 1 p.m., Saturday, Oct. 28
- Senior Day at home vs. Bowling Green, 1 p.m., Saturday, Nov. 4
Learn more about Bronco soccer at wmubroncos.com.
For more WMU news, arts and events, visit wmich.edu/news.