| WMU News
KALAMAZOO, Mich.—Seventeen staff members are in the running for Western Michigan University's 2017 Make a Difference Annual Award.
The 17 candidates are recipients of the 2016-17 fall and spring semiannual awards through the Make a Difference program. As such, they are eligible to be considered for one of the four annual awards bestowed by this peer-to-peer staff recognition program.
Members of the WMU community have through Wednesday, May 31, to help decide who will be this year's "final four." The prestigious honor is reserved for the most outstanding employees—those who reach far beyond their assigned responsibilities to give generously and creatively of their time and talents, making the University an even finer place to work and study.
The award carries a $1,200 before-tax prize and will be presented during the Fall Convocation, which currently is planned for Friday, Oct. 6.
Annual award candidates
- Barbara S. Adams, School of Music.
- Andrew Bachmann, Department of Public Safety.
- Kelli A. Bond, Office of the Vice President for Research.
- Regina Buckner, University Libraries.
- Eric N. Epplett, College of Aviation.
- Adrienne D. Fraaza, First-Year Experience.
- Todd T. Gerry, Fetzer Center.
- Tom Grossman, College of Aviation.
- Michelle E. Hruska, Office of the Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs.
- Amber L. Hutson, Department of Psychology.
- Walter T. Malone, Center for Academic Success Programs.
- Deanna M. Merz, Department of Counselor Education and Counseling Psychology.
- Deborah A. O'Keefe, School of Music.
- Thomas K. Ramsdell, Logistical Services.
- Carol A. Reid, College of Education and Human Development.
- Colleen A. Sante, Department of Spanish.
- Laura C. Weber, Business Services.
A selection committee composed of representatives from each of the employee groups eligible for the award will select the winners. Before deciding which four candidates will win the Make a Difference Annual Award, the committee will review new information submitted for the candidates, as well as the candidates' previously submitted semiannual nomination materials.
Any additional information submitted should include specific examples of how the candidate has demonstrated dedication to outstanding service. To assure candidates will remain anonymous, do not use their names or departments within the text of nominations. There is no need to resubmit the semiannual nomination materials.
Submitting additional information
Specific guidelines for submitting new information in support of any of this year's 17 annual award candidates is posted at wmich.edu/makeadifference. Additional information may be submitted to the selection committee in care of Human Resources by:
- Memo sent to mail stop 5217.
- Email message sent to email@example.com.
- Online submission form available at wmich.edu/makeadifference.
- Fax sent to (269) 387-3441.
For more news, arts and events, visit wmich.edu/news.