| WMU News
KALAMAZOO, Mich.—The Western Michigan University Faculty Senate elected its 2016-18 Executive Board during a May 12 meeting.
At that evening meeting, the new board members took office. Except for the immediate past president, members of the board have been elected to serve two-year terms.
Executive Board officers
- President—Dr. Suzan F. Ayers, professor of human performance and health education.
- Past president—Dr. C. Dennis Simpson, professor of physician assistant, and director of the Specialty Program in Alcohol and Drug Abuse.
- Vice president—Dr. William G. Rantz, professor of aviation and chair of chemical and paper engineering.
Directors on the Executive Board
- Dr. Sharon L. Carlson, associate professor of University Libraries and director of Archives and Regional History Collections.
- Dr. Carla A. Chase, associate professor of occupational therapy.
- Dr. Richard A. Gershon, professor of communication and co-director of the telecommunications and information management program.
- Dr. Janet S. Hahn, assistant professor of interdisciplinary health programs and coordinator of the Center for Gerontology.
- Marilyn S. Kritzman, faculty specialist II-professional specialist of communication.
- Dr. John A. Jellies, professor of biological sciences.
- Dr. Bret Wagner, associate professor of management.
About the senate
The Faculty Senate shares in governing WMU by formulating, reviewing and providing advice on policies and other matters of institutional concern. Its membership includes the governing members on the Executive Board, the organization's faculty senators and representatives from departments across campus as well as some administrators.
In addition to current officers as well as past presidents, the Faculty Senate is comprised of 75 senators, 57 departmental representatives, nine at-large representatives, four ex-officio members and four presidential appointees.
For more news, arts and events, visit wmich.edu/news.