| WMU News
KALAMAZOO, Mich.--The Mid-American Conference named eight Western Michigan University players to its 2016 Softball Academic All-MAC team. The group from WMU is part of a total of 78 student athletes recognized for having at least a 3.2 grade point average and participating in at least 50 percent of the contests for that particular sport.
WMU All-MAC softball players
- Erin Binkowski, a senior from Eaton Rapids, and majoring in sport management, 3.36 GPA.
- Kelsea Cichocki, a senior from McHenry, Illinois, majoring in physical education, 3.71 GPA.
- Geordin Craun, a junior from Shelby Township, studying paper engineering, 3.34 GPA.
- Allyson Kus, a senior from West Bloomfield, studying early childhood education, 3.26 GPA.
- Melissa Palmer, a senior from Troy, majoring in biomedical sciences, 3.81 GPA.
- Caity Pixley, a senior from Middlebury, Indiana, studying early childhood education, 3.69 GPA.
- Anissa Sanchez, a junior from Pico Rivera, California majoring in accountancy, 3.61 GPA.
- Ivy Schaaf, a senior from Tawas, studying marketing, 3.52 GPA.
Members will also be considered for the conference’s Distinguished Scholar-Athlete Award, which will be voted on by faculty athletic representatives and was new to the MAC beginning the past year.
For more news, arts and events, visit wmich.edu/news.