| WMU News
KALAMAZOO, Mich.—A total of 48 people will be inducted into the 25 Year Club during a gala honoring Western Michigan University's longtime employees.
The event, which includes dinner, begins at 5:30 p.m. Tuesday, Dec. 1, in the Bernhard Center's East Ballroom. Reservations are due Friday, Nov. 13.
The annual gala honors employees who have built their careers at WMU. Invitations have been mailed to members of the club.
Once the 2015 class of inductees is in place, the 25 Year Club will have 1,226 members. Of these, 481 are active employees and 745 are retirees. Three of this year's 49 inductees are recent retirees, and all but one began their service to WMU in 1990.
The current membership list is posted online at wmich.edu/hr/25yearclub. Direct questions to the Office of Human Resources at email@example.com or (269) 387-3620.
This year's inductees
- William Arbogast, director, Sports Medicine Clinic.
- Sheila Bair, associate professor, University Libraries.
- Ila M. Baker, master faculty specialist-language specialist, Center for English Language and Culture.
- Kent Baldner, associate professor, Department of Philosophy.
- Patrick A. Benton, associate professor, College of Aviation.
- Amy M. Birch, custodian, Facilities Management-building custodial and support services.
- Jacquelyn E. Bizzell, academic advisor, College of Arts and Sciences-advising.
- George A. Boston, associate professor, University Libraries.
- James M. Brown, electrician, Facilities Management-maintenance services.
- Susan L. Caulfield, professor, School of Interdisciplinary Health Programs.
- Rebecca S. Cook, millwright/maintenance mechanic, Facilities Management-maintenance services.
- James M. Croteau, professor, Department of Counselor Education and Counseling Psychology.
- David W. Dakin II, director of campus facility planning, Facilities Management-planning.
- Satish Deshpande, associate dean, Haworth College of Business.
- Marc P. Fawley, appliance repairperson (retired), Facilities Management-building custodial and support services.
- Marianne Frauenknecht, professor (retired), Department of Human Performance and Health Education.
- Raymond V. Kezenius, engineer senior, Facilities Management-maintenance services.
- Erica J. Krol, physician assistant, Sindecuse Health Center.
- Jodie Laraway, assistant director of scholarships and loans, Office of Student Financial Aid and Scholarships.
- Thomas Bruce Maida, utility journeyperson, Facilities Management-power plant.
- Malcolm R. Malott, applications programmer analyst senior, Human Resources.
- Ryan N. McGregor, applications programmer analyst senior, Department of Public Safety.
- Roy A. Middlebrooks, food service stockperson, Bernhard Center Dining Service.
- Bradley F. Morgan, associate director education technology services, Office of Information Technology.
- Patricia M. Negrevski, budget analyst, Evaluation Center.
- Carolyn R. Noack, program manager solid waste reduction, Office for Sustainability.
- Donald Scott Paff, equipment operator I, Facilities Management-landscape services.
- Mary E. Palmer, credit evaluator, Office of Admissions.
- Paul Pancella, professor, Department of Physics.
- Kelly L. Penskar, budget analyst, Office of Information Technology.
- Sharon S. Russell, program manager lifelong learning, Extended University Programs.
- William A. Sauck, associate professor, Department of Geosciences.
- Diane M. Sayers, assistant baker, Burnham Dining Service.
- Paul E. Schneider, manager, Gabel Natatorium and Lawson Ice Arena.
- James W. Smith, detective, Department of Public Safety.
- Bryan K. Sutton, environmental control person, Facilities Management-maintenance services.
- Rose M. Thomas, budget officer, Office of University Budgets.
- Tony M. Thompson, house staff, Bernhard Center.
- Benjamin Torres, professor, Department of Spanish.
- Susan Uchimura, resident artist and staff accompanist, School of Music.
- Donald VanderRoest, carpenter (retired), Facilities Management-maintenance services.
- Teresa M. Ventimiglia, public information specialist, Office of University Relations.
- Moon Walters, utility food worker, Bernhard Center Dining Service.
- Daneen Wardrop, professor, Department of English.
- Mark V. Wheeler, professor, Department of Economics.
- John D. Winchell, archives curator, University Libraries.
- Klayton T. Woodworth, program director, WMUK Radio.
- Huizhong Zhou, professor, Department of Economics.
For more news, arts and events, visit wmich.edu/news.