| WMU News
KALAMAZOO, Mich.—The retirements of five staff members were approved by the Western Michigan University Board of Trustees during its July 8 meeting.
Trustees also signed off on five faculty resignations and one administrator's return to the faculty.
The retiring staff members' names, positions, years of continuous service and effective dates of retirement are:
- Cynthia E. Bradley, office associate, Department of Human Performance and Health Education, 10 years, effective July 31, 2015.
- Deborah J. Goostrey, coordinator of building services, College of Health and Human Services, 12 years, effective June 19, 2015.
- Blaine D. Kalafut, deputy chief of police, Department of Public Safety, 38 years, effective June 30, 2015.
- Judith A. King, office coordinator, College of Health and Human Services, 15 years, effective July 31, 2015.
- Craig E. Wolford, financial systems analyst, accounting services, 26 years, effective June 30, 2015.
- Kirsten Harvey, assistant professor of dance, effective Aug. 16, 2015.
- John M. Mueller, assistant professor of management, effective Dec. 31, 2015.
- Gayle A. Thompson, assistant professor of human performance and health education, effective Aug. 16, 2015.
- Lindsay Powell Toth, faculty specialist I-lecturer of human performance and health education, effective Aug. 16, 2015.
- Louise Ann Wurst, professor and chair of anthropology, effective July 31, 2015.
Return to faculty, sabbatical leave
- Barbara Liggett, from director of public affairs and administration to professor of public affairs and administration, effective Jan. 4, 2016. Trustees also granted her a sabbatical leave, effective for the spring 2016 semester.
For more news, arts and events, visit wmich.edu/news.