| WMU News
KALAMAZOO, Mich.—Kalamazoo's annual Ribfest is Thursday through Saturday, Aug. 6-8, featuring three solid days of food and entertainment.
Gates open at 11 a.m. daily at the Arcadia Creek Festival Place and close at 11:30 p.m. Thursday and 12:30 a.m. on Friday and Saturday. A local event for more than 20 years, Ribfest is one of the oldest festivals in downtown Kalamazoo, and it attracts more than 30,000 people each summer.
Entry is free every day before 4 p.m. and $10 after 4 p.m. Children 12 and younger with an adult are free. VIP tickets are $30 for Thursday and $40 for Friday and Saturday and include access to a no-waiting entry gate, a VIP tent with premier seating close to the stage, a VIP beer line and private portable bathrooms.
Entertainment this year includes bands ranging from local artists to nationally touring legends.
Thursday, Aug. 6
- 5 to 6:30 p.m., Pop Cult
- 7 to 8:30 p.m., The Dani Jamerson Band
- 9 to 10:30 p.m., Chase Bryant
- 10:30 to 11 p.m., DJ
Friday, Aug. 7
- 4 to 5 p.m., Rock Your Vote winner (determined Aug. 4)
- 5:30 to 6:30 p.m., Bonehawk
- 7 to 8:30 p.m., Hair Mania
- 9 to 10:30 p.m., Blue Oyster Cult
- 10 to 11:30 p.m., DJ
Saturday, Aug. 8
- 11 a.m. to 2 p.m., Kalamazoo Academy of Rock (multiple bands)
- 2:30 to 3:30 p.m., Absolute Addiction
- 4 to 5 p.m., Slim Gypsy Baggage
- 5:30 to 6:30 p.m., Delilah DeWylde and the Lost Boys
- 7 to 8:30 p.m., Gunnar and the Grizzly Boys
- 9 to 10:30 p.m., Craig Morgan
- 10:30 p.m. to midnight, DJ
For more information, visit http://kalamazooribfest.com.
For more news, arts and events, visit wmich.edu/news.