| WMU News
KALAMAZOO, Mich.—Twenty-five staff members are in the running for WMU's 2015 Make a Difference Annual Award, which carries a $1,200 before-tax prize and will be presented during this fall's Academic Convocation.
The 25 candidates are recipients of the 2014-15 fall and spring semiannual awards through the Make a Difference program. As such, they are eligible to be considered for one of the four annual awards bestowed by this peer-to-peer staff recognition program.
Members of the WMU community have through Sunday, May 31, to help decide who will be this year's "final four." The prestigious honor is reserved for the most outstanding employees—those who reach far beyond their assigned responsibilities to give generously and creatively of their time and talents, making the University an even finer place to work and study.
Annual award candidates
- Rachael Bower, Department of Business Information Systems.
- Julie Carr, Career and Student Employment Services.
- Jonathan Dennis, College of Aviation.
- Luacia Dixon, Office of Student Financial Aid and Scholarships.
- Maria French, Dining Services-Cash Operations.
- Jerry Fulbright Jr., Facilities Management-landscape services.
- Thalia Guerra, Center for Academic Success Programs.
- Timothy Holysz, Facilities Management-landscape services.
- Debora Karnemaat, Sindecuse Health Center.
- Sandra Kelly, Office of Information Technology.
- Kevin Knutson, College of Arts and Sciences Advising.
- Michelle Loedeman, Accounts Receivable.
- Smith M. "Smitty" Moore III, Catering.
- Pamela Mottley, Department of English.
- Matthew Page, Department of Public Safety.
- Sarah Pratt, Office of the Vice President for Research.
- Lorrie Racine, Office of Admissions.
- Caroline Ray, Haworth College of Business.
- Terri Riemland, Student Activities and Leadership Programs.
- Cari Robertson, Sindecuse Health Center.
- Christine Robinson, Haworth College of Business.
- Amy Seth, University Recreation.
- Tara Severino, Haenicke Institute for Global Education.
- Paul Terzino, Bernhard Center.
- Michiko Yoshimoto, Haenicke Institute for Global Education.
A selection committee composed of representatives from each of the award-eligible employee groups will select the annual award winners. The committee will review new information submitted for the candidates, as well as the candidates' previously submitted semiannual nomination materials, before deciding which four candidates will win Make a Difference Annual Awards.
Any additional information should include specific examples of how the candidate has demonstrated dedication to outstanding service. To assure candidates will remain anonymous, do not use their names or departments within the text of nominations. There is no need to resubmit the semiannual nomination materials.
Submitting additional information
Specific guidelines for submitting new information in support of any of this year's 25 annual award candidates is posted at wmich.edu/makeadifference. Additional information may be submitted by:
- Memo sent to mail stop 5217.
- Email message sent to email@example.com.
- Online submission form available at wmich.edu/makeadifference/candidates.
- Fax sent to (269) 387-3441.
For more news, arts and events, visit wmich.edu/news.