| WMU News
KALAMAZOO, Mich.—Twelve Western Michigan University staff members will be honored as outstanding employees during a reception at 2 p.m. Tuesday, April 21, in 157 Bernhard Center.
The University community is invited to attend the event, which recognizes the spring 2015 recipients of WMU's semiannual Make a Difference Award. The recipients will each receive $300, before taxes, and a commemorative certificate.
Spring 2015 award recipients
- Rachael Bower, Department of Business Information Systems.
- Jonathan Dennis, College of Aviation.
- Maria French, Dining Services-cash operations.
- Jerry Fulbright Jr., Facilities Management-landscape services.
- Thalia Guerra, Center for Academic Success Programs.
- Timothy Holysz, Facilities Management-landscape services.
- Kevin Knutson, College of Arts and Sciences advising.
- Smith M. "Smitty" Moore III, WMU Catering.
- Terri Riemland, Student Activities and Leadership Programs.
- Cari Robertson, Sindecuse Health Center.
- Paul Terzino, Bernhard Center.
- Michiko Yoshimoto, Haenicke Institute for Global Education.
Make a Difference awards
The Make a Difference Award Program is a campuswide peer-to-peer program that recognizes University staff members for their outstanding accomplishments and daily investment of energy and creativity.
Up to 15 staff members may receive the award in each of two semiannual award periods every academic year. These fall and spring semiannual award winners constitute the pool from which four Annual Make a Difference Award recipients—the best of the best—are chosen. The annual award comes with a before-tax prize of $1,200.
All award winners are selected by a committee of their peers from the participating employee groups: the American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees; Michigan State Employees Association; Police Officers Association; and Staff Compensation System, members of which are represented by the Administrative Professional Association and Professional Support Staff Organization.
For more information or for a year-round nomination form, visit wmich.edu/makeadifference.
For more news, arts and events, visit wmich.edu/news.