| WMU News
KALAMAZOO, Mich.—The retirements of one faculty member and 12 staff members were approved by the WMU Board of Trustees during its Jan. 22 meeting.
Trustees also signed off on one faculty resignation and sabbaticals for two administrators who are returning to the faculty.
The faculty member who is retiring is doing so with emeritus status. Her name, position, years of continuous service and effective date of retirement is:
- Mary P. Fuehr, master faculty specialist of nursing, 12 years, effective Dec. 31, 2015.
- Susan M. Alexander, parking clerk, Department of Public Safety, 21 years, effective Jan. 31, 2015.
- Pamela J. Buist, office associate, WMU Apartments, 34 years, effective Dec. 31, 2014.
- Teresa A. Coburn, insurance coder, Sindecuse Health Center, 20 years, effective Feb. 28, 2015.
- Jonathan Epstein, physician, Sindecuse Health Center, 10 years, effective Jan. 12, 2015.
- Marc P. Fawley, appliance repairperson, Facilities Management-building custodial and support services, 24 years, effective Jan. 19, 2015.
- Joycelynn P. Fooy, coordinator of athletic equipment, Division of Intercollegiate Athletics, 31 years, effective Jan. 31, 2015.
- Margie A. Glenn, utility person, Dining Services-cash operations, 15 years, effective Jan. 9, 2015.
- George R. Kohrman, senior director of voice video data network, Office of Information Technology, 46 years, effective Feb. 20, 2015.
- Candace E. List, office assistant, Department of History, 23 years, effective Dec. 18, 2014.
- Roger K. Mills, electrician, Facilities Management-construction, 34 years, effective Dec. 31, 2014.
- Brenda Wardlow, custodian, Facilities Management-building custodial and support services, 17 years, effective Dec. 31, 2014.
- Teresa L. Ziebarth, project manager, Department of Mathematics, 17 years, effective Dec. 31, 2014.
Other personnel matters
The faculty member resigning is:
- M. Daniela Hernandez, instructor of mathematics, effective Dec. 21, 2014.
The two administrators returning to the faculty and who both received sabbatical leaves for the fall 2015 semester are:
- Dr. Marc Alspector-Kelly, from chair of philosophy to associate professor of philosophy, effective July 1, 2015.
- Dr. James Murray, from director of the Medieval Institute to professor of history, effective July 1, 2015.
For more news, arts and events, visit wmich.edu/news.