| WMU News
KALAMAZOO, Mich.—Thirty-six faculty members have been granted sabbaticals during the 2015-16 academic year to engage in research and creative projects as well as other work that promotes their professional growth and development.
The leaves were granted by the Western Michigan University Board of Trustees during its Dec. 18, 2014, meeting.
Effective for the fall 2015 semester
- Dr. Onur Arugaslan, professor of finance and commercial law.
- Dr. Muralidhar K. Ghantasala, professor of mechanical and aerospace engineering.
- Dr. Robert L. Harrison, associate professor of marketing.
- Berit G. Miller, master faculty specialist-professional specialist of occupational therapy.
- Dr. Wilson J. Warren, professor of history.
- Lisa Whittaker, associate professor of aviation sciences.
- Dr. Qiji "Jim" Zhu, professor of mathematics.
Effective for the spring 2016 semester
- Dr. Lisa E. Baker, professor of psychology.
- Dr. Louann A. Bierlein Palmer, professor of educational leadership, research and technology.
- Dr. Sung G. Chung, professor of physics.
- Dr. John B. Dilworth, professor of philosophy.
- Dr. Chad Edwards, associate professor of communication.
- Dr. Jill M. Hermann-Wilmarth, associate professor of teaching, learning and educational studies.
- Kevin High, associate professor of aviation sciences.
- Dr. Bradley E. Huitema, professor of psychology.
- Dr. Yvette D. Hyter, professor of speech pathology and audiology.
- Dr. Jean Kimmel, professor of economics.
- Dr. Ronald C. Kramer, professor of sociology.
- Dr. Ann Miles, professor of sociology.
- Dr. Angela M. Moe, professor of sociology.
- Dr. William G. Rantz, professor of aviation sciences.
Effective for the 2015-16 academic year
- Dr. Jeffrey M. Angles, associate professor of world languages and literatures.
- Dr. Massood Zandi Atashbar, professor of electrical and computer engineering.
- Dr. Clement Burns, professor of physics.
- Dr. Charles "Jay" Emerson, professor of geography.
- Dr. Sharon A. Gill, associate professor of biological sciences.
- Dr. Chansheng He, professor of geography.
- Dr. Kathleen M. Kline, professor of mathematics.
- Adriane Little, associate professor of art.
- Dr. Natalio Ohanna, assistant professor of Spanish.
- Dr. Lisa Paulius, professor of physics.
- Judith A. Rypma, master faculty specialist-lecturer of English.
- Dr. Xiaoyun "Sarah" Shao, associate professor of civil and construction engineering.
- Dr. Ola M. Smith, professor of accountancy.
- Dr. Vivan I.P. Steemers, associate professor of world languages and literatures.
- Dr. Brian C. Wilson, professor of comparative religion.