| WMU News
KALAMAZOO, Mich.—The retirements of four faculty members and 11 staff members were approved by the Western Michigan University Board of Trustees at its Sept. 30 meeting.
Trustees also signed off on one faculty resignation as well as three faculty leaves.
All of the faculty members who are retiring are doing so with emeritus status.
- Dr. Betty J. Parker, professor of marketing, 19 years, effective July 31, 2015.
- Dr. Christopher J. Schmidt, professor of geosciences, 37 years, effective April 30, 2015.
- Fred Sitkins, professor of engineering design, manufacturing and management systems, 36 years, effective Aug. 31, 2015.
- Brian L. Wilson, professor of music, 40 years, effective April 30, 2015.
- Janice P. Anderson, administrator for the Faculty Senate, 16 years, effective Sept. 30, 2014.
- Roger T. Arndt, finance analyst in Extended University Programs, 27 years, effective Sept. 30, 2014.
- Joseph A. Fee, information technology support specialist in the Unified Clinics, 10 years, effective Aug. 31, 2014.
- Deno S. Frier, manager of the West Hills Athletic Club, 14 years, effective Oct. 1, 2014.
- Raymond L. Novess, construction administrator in projects and construction services, 12 years, effective June 30, 2014.
- Tracey S. Overkamp, plumber in maintenance services, 18 years, effective Oct. 24, 2014.
- Barbara J. Peacock, office coordinator in the Department of Psychology, 27 years, effective Aug. 31, 2014.
- Ieva M. Sverns, central supply coordinator in the Sindecuse Health Center, 25 years, effective Oct. 29, 2014.
- Alison K. Thor, reference services coordinator in University Libraries, 25 years, effective Sept. 30, 2014.
- James G. Wiseman, buyer in Dining Services, 33 years, effective Sept. 12, 2014.
Faculty resignation and other personnel matters
The faculty member resigning is: Dr. Holly J. Nibert, associate professor of Spanish, effective Aug. 17, 2014.
A sabbatical leave was granted to Dr. David Colson, professor of music, effective spring 2015.
Leaves of absence were granted to Dr. Susan Caringella, professor of sociology, effective Aug. 18, 2014, through April 26, 2015, and Dr. Quentin Smith, professor of philosophy, effective Aug. 17, 2014 through April 30, 2015.
For more news, arts and events, visit wmich.edu/news.