| WMU News
KALAMAZOO, Mich.—Western Michigan University faculty and staff members who give any amount toward the 2014 campus United Way campaign's goal to raise $282,335 this fall will be eligible for weekly drawings to be held each Friday afternoon beginning Oct. 10. Six drawings will take place:
- Friday, Oct. 10
- Friday, Oct. 17
- Friday, Oct. 24
- Friday, Oct. 31
- Friday, Nov. 7
- Friday, Nov. 14 (grand prize)
Names of eligible contributors whose pledge cards are returned to the president's office, mail stop 5202, by 5 p.m. the Thursday before each drawing will be included. Eligibility is cumulative, so those eligible for the first drawing will continue to be eligible for subsequent drawings. There is a limit of one weekly prize per person. Once a person wins a weekly prize, that person will be ineligible for subsequent weekly drawings.
- Two tickets to a home football game
- Two tickets to a home women's basketball game
- Two tickets to a home men's basketball game
- $25 off certificate for Miller Auditorium tickets during the 2014-15 season
- $20 gift card to any Millennium restaurant
- $10 gift certificate for use at The Spirit Shoppe, three awarded each week
Grand-prize drawings will be held Friday, Nov. 14, in addition to the drawing for the regular weekly prizes.
All WMU faculty and staff members who contribute to the campaign and whose pledge cards are received in the president's office by 5 p.m. Thursday, Nov. 13, will be entered into the grand-prize drawing to receive one of the following:
- Voucher for four tickets to a WMU home volleyball game
- Two tickets to the President's Box for the Nov. 28 football game vs. Northern Illinois
- $100 gift certificate to any Millennium restaurant
- Two tickets to the Gold Company concert in February
WMU United Way Advisory Board members are not eligible for the weekly drawings or the grand-prize drawing.
Questions should be directed to campaign organizers at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more news, arts and events, visit wmich.edu/news.
Campus gets ready for United Way launch | Sept. 10, 2014