KALAMAZOO—Western Michigan University is recognizing the contributions of area veterans with a series of events ahead of Veterans Day.
- The WMU ROTC Army cookout Thursday, Nov. 7, features free food and drinks for veterans and their families. The event from 2 to 4 p.m. will be at the ROTC Battalion on East Campus near the College of Health and Human Services. Free parking will be provided in Lots 103 and 106.
- The Office of Military and Veterans Affairs will host its third annual Veterans 5K Run at 9 a.m. Friday, Nov. 8. The celebration at the Wesley Foundation includes a White Table ceremony with a guest speaker and a complimentary breakfast following the run. For more information, email email@example.com.
- The Haworth College of Business will hold a forum from noon to 3 p.m. Friday, Nov. 8, on "Diversity and Inclusion in the Workplace." The event in the Deans Conference Room of Schneider Hall will include a panel of veterans, WMU law instructor Dr. Thomas Edmonds and representatives from Whirlpool Corp., ROTC and the State of Michigan.
- A Veterans Appreciation Hockey Game is set for 7 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 9, at Lawson Ice Arena, when WMU takes on Northern Michigan University. WMU fraternity Phi Gamma Delta will hold a raffle at the hockey game for a special-edition camouflage hockey jersey. Raffle tickets are $5 each or three for $10 with proceeds going to the WMU United Way campaign.
- Veterans also will be recognized at the Veterans Appreciation Football Game at noon Saturday, Nov. 16, at Waldo Stadium, when the Broncos take on Central Michigan University.
For more information on any of the events, contact Shaun Keith at firstname.lastname@example.org.