| WMU News
KALAMAZOO—Business Career Day at Western Michigan University is set to offer students a chance to network with employer representatives and discuss internship and professional career opportunities.
All WMU students and the public are encouraged to attend the event, which draws more than 100 companies from throughout the United States. The event runs from 1 to 5 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 17, in the Bernhard Center Ballroom. Several events are planned to help students prepare for a career search and to offer additional networking opportunities.
Career Day preparatory events
- Advertising and Promotion Career Development Event: 6 to 8 p.m.Thursday, Oct. 10, Schneider Hall
- Practice Interview Day: 9 a.m to 5 p.m., Friday, Oct. 11, Career Center, Schneider Hall
- Business Career Day Prep Session: 4 to 6 p.m. Monday, Oct. 14, Schneider Hall
- ISM Career Night, 6 to 9:30 p.m. Wednesday, Oct. 16, Bernhard Center
- Food Marketing Career Night, 6 to 9:30 p.m. Wednesday, Oct. 16, Fetzer Center
- Sales Career Night, 6 to 9:30 p.m. Wednesday, Oct. 16, Fetzer Center
In addition, many employers will be conducting on-campus interviews Friday, Oct. 18, as well as in the weeks following the events.
Candidates are asked to dress professionally and bring copies of their resumes. A list of participating employers is available from the Career Center website at wmich.edu/career/careerday.
Students are invited to pick up a Business Career Day booklet from the Career Center, located at 3020 Schneider Hall.
The Career Center's premier partners help support career development and networking events such as Career Day. The 2013-14 platinum premier partners include Bayer HealthCare, C. H. Robinson, J.M. Smucker Company, Kellogg Company and Stryker. Gold premier partners include Coyote Logistics, Enterprise Rent-A-Car, Fifth Third Bank, Meijer and Whirlpool Corporation.
For more information, contact Kayla Burke, event planning and employer relations intern, at email@example.com or (269) 387-2769. A list of all business career events and resources is available at wmich.edu/business/career.