contact: Jeanne Baron
| WMU News
| WMU News
KALAMAZOO—Three new programs were approved by the Western Michigan University Board of Trustees during its April 18 meeting.
Trustees also signed off on name changes for five existing academic programs.
New academic programs
- The Master of Arts in Biological Sciences is a course-only degree that complements the existing research-oriented Master of Science in Biological Sciences.
- The Master of Business Administration—Health Care Concentration is a response to the demand for health care leaders with a strong business background.
- The M.A. in Teaching allows students to complete state certification requirements for initial certification. There is a secondary sciences teacher education concentration and, for Woodrow Wilson Teaching Fellows only, a secondary mathematics teacher education concentration.
Program name changes
- The Doctor of Philosophy in Paper and Imaging Science and Engineering is now the Ph.D. in Paper and Printing Science.
- The M.S. in Paper and Imaging Science and Engineering is now the M.S. in Paper and Printing Science.
- The Accelerated M.S. in Paper and Imaging Science and Engineering is now the Accelerated M.S. in Paper and Printing Science.
- The M.A. in Educational Leadership—Curriculum and Instructional Leadership concentration is now the M.A. in Educational Leadership—K-12 Teacher Leadership concentration.
- The M.A. in the Practice of Teaching is now the M.A. in the Practice of Teaching—Early Childhood Education concentration.