KALAMAZOO—The Island Festival features three days and nights of reggae music Thursday to Saturday, June 20-22, at the Arcadia Creek Festival Place in downtown Kalamazoo.
Admission is free before 4 p.m. On Thursday, it is $3 after 4 p.m. and $6 after 7 p.m. On Friday and Saturday, admission is $5 from 4 to 7 p.m. and $9 after 7 p.m. Gates open at 11 a.m. daily.
Food, drinks, beer and wine from several local restaurants will be available for purchase with tickets.
The live reggae music line-up runs all day and ranges from the top local talent to well-known regional and national headliners presented outdoors.
Thursday, June 20
- 5 to 6 p.m., Selecta Hazey, Lockdown Soundsystem
- 6:30 to 8 p.m., Ann Arbor Dub Project
- 8:30 to 10 p.m, DubTonic Kru with Kool Johnny Kool
- 10:30 p.m. to midnight, Ras Kente and the Take No Prisoners Posse
- Between sets, TBA
Friday, June 21
- 11:45 a.m. to 1:15 p.m, Universal Xpression
- 4:30 to 6 p.m, Universal Xpression
- 6:30 to 8 p.m, HaleAmanO
- 8:30 to 9:30 p.m., Rootz Warrior Band
- 10 to 11:30 p.m., Jamacian Reggae Star Warrior King
- Midnight to 1:30 a.m., Inner Visions
- Between sets, DJ Assane
Saturday, June 22
- Noon to 1:30 p.m, The Cliftones
- 2 to 3:30 p.m., Family Workshop with Dunuya Drum and Dance
- 4 to 5:30 p.m., The Cliftones
- 6 to 7:30 p.m., Spiritual Rez
- 8 to 9:30 p.m., Outlaws I & I
- 10 to 11:30 p.m., Reggae Legend Mykal Rose (Black Uhuru)
- Midnight to 1:30 a.m., Zion Lion
- Between sets, Dread I Sound and Blessed Coast Sound
Sponsors include Festival Charities Inc., Volunteer Kalamazoo and Cole Automotive Group.
For more information, visit islandfestkalamazoo.com.