| WMU News
KALAMAZOO—Lane and street closures will re-route traffic from Western Michigan University's Waldo Stadium through downtown Kalamazoo Thursday, May 23, for the Girls on the Run 5K run and walk.
The detours will be in place prior to the start of the event at 6:30 p.m. and remain until 8 p.m. An expected 2,200 girls ages 8 to 12 will leave Waldo Stadium and head downtown on South Street on their 3.1-mile journey through the downtown streets then back on West Lovell to Waldo Stadium. Traffic will be routed around the downtown area to the east.
- In-bound Stadium Drive between Howard and South streets
- Oakland Drive between Howard and Lovell and South streets
- Westnedge Avenue between Michigan Avenue and Vine Street
- Park Street between Crosstown Parkway and Michigan Avenue
- South Burdick Street between Michigan Avenue and Lovell Street
- Additionally, lane closures will occur on South, Burdick, Vine, Dutton, Rose and Lovell streets.
Girls on the Run
Girls on the Run is a national program and is in its 11th year in the greater Kalamazoo area. The 5K is the culmination of the 10-week program. Girls will celebrate their successes, affirm the lessons they have learned and share their enthusiasm for running and healthy living with members of the community. The event is presented by Eaton Corp.