KALAMAZOO—The Make a Difference selection committee has announced the candidates for the 2013 annual awards. These individuals are the winners of 2012-13 semiannual awards and are now eligible to win one of four annual awards, each with a prize of $1,200 (before taxes).
Make a Difference annual award candidates
- Mitchell Beare, Bernhard Center
- Debra Bitterman, Dining Services - Bernhard Café and Market
- Jean Bowsky-Verschoof, Bernhard Center
- Donna DeVries, Facilities Management-Landscape Services
- Ann Ganz, Haenicke Institute for Global Education
- Jeannine Hamilton, Registrar's Office
- Jill Hamilton, Admissions
- Faizan Haq, University Libraries
- Karen Lamons, Residence Life
- Gracie Mae, Bernhard Center Dining Service
- Amell McFletcher, Facilities Management-Building Custodial and Support Services
- Richard McMullen, Center for Academic Success Programs
- Angela Minckler, School of Communication
- Jennifer Morrow, Department of World Languages and Literatures
- Cris Obreiter, Department of Military Science and Leadership
- Marcy Peake, College of Education and Human Development
- Richard Santman, Facilities Management-Maintenance Services
- Gladys Sims, Extended University Programs-Grand Rapids
- Christopher Sligh, Student Activities and Leadership Programs
- Arthur Smith, Office of Information Technology
- Bryan Sutton, Facilities Management-Maintenance Services
- Alison Thor, University Libraries
- Stacey Tyler, Department of Dance
- Sharon Van Dyken, College of Aviation
- Christopher Voss, University Recreation
This prestigious award is reserved for our most outstanding staff employees—those who reach far beyond their assigned responsibilities to give generously and creatively of their time and talents, making our University an even finer place to work and study. Four colleagues will be selected to win an annual award.
The selection committee, with representatives from each employee group, will review any new information submitted for the candidates, as well as the previously submitted semiannual nominations. There is no need to resubmit these nominations.
- Employees who wish to provide additional information in support of any candidate may do so through Friday, May 31.
- Any such additional information should include specific examples of how the candidate has demonstrated dedication to outstanding service.
- The committee will select four of these candidates to win a Make a Difference annual award.
Additional information in support of any candidate may be submitted through May 31 to the Make a Difference Selection Committee, c/o Human Resources:
- By memo at mail stop 5217,
- By email at firstname.lastname@example.org,
- By fax at (269) 387-3441, or
- Online at wmich.edu/makeadifference.
Award recipients will receive a cash prize of $1,200 (before taxes) and will be honored at the 2013 WMU Academic Convocation, set for Friday, Oct. 4.