KALAMAZOO—Thirteen University staff members will be honored for receiving semiannual Make a Difference awards at a reception at 2 p.m. Monday, Dec. 3, in 157 Bernhard Center. The University community is invited to attend.
The winners were selected by a committee of peers from the participating employee groups of AFSCME, APA, MSEA, POA, and PSSO. The recipients will each receive $300 (before taxes) and a commemorative certificate at the award reception.
Semiannual award recipients
- Mitchell Beare, Bernhard Center
- Debra Bitterman, Dining Services - Bernhard Café and Market
- Jean Bowsky-Verschoof, Bernhard Center
- Ann Ganz, Haenicke Institute for Global Education
- Jill Hamilton, Admissions
- Richard McMullen, Center for Academic Success Programs
- Angela Minckler, School of Communication
- Jennifer Morrow, world languages and literatures
- Gladys Sims, Extended University Programs-Grand Rapids
- Christopher Sligh, Student Activities and Leadership Programs
- Arthur Smith, Office of Information Technology
- Stacey Tyler, dance
- Sharon Van Dyken, College of Aviation
Make a Difference awards
The WMU Make a Difference awards program is a campus-wide peer-to-peer program that recognizes University staff members for their outstanding accomplishments and daily investment of energy and creativity. Up to fifteen staff members may be selected in each of two semiannual award periods; those winners are eligible for one of four Annual Awards, with a prize of $1200 (before taxes).