The military offers a variety of VA educational benefits. Western Michigan University accepts the Post-9/11 GI Bill, the Montgomery GI Bill, and the Yellow Ribbon Program.
If you are interested in details about how to initiate your benefits, please contact Brenda Hamlyn, Veterans Affairs Certifying Official at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have questions regarding VA education benefits, health care, Guard/Reservists units in Michigan, or any other benefits question, please contact Brent Haddow, VetSuccess on Campus Coordinator, for further assistance at email@example.com.
Montgomery GI Bill
- For information about the Montgomery GI Bill, please click here for active duty.
- For information about the Montgomery GI Bill, please click here for Reservists.
Post-9/11 GI Bill
- For information about the Post-9/11 GI Bill, please click here.
- For information about the Yellow Ribbon Program, please click here. Western Michigan University does participate in the Yellow Ribbon Program.
Federal Tuition Assistance (FTA)
- Actively drilling members of the Reserve and National Guard that are not receiving the GI Bill, Post-9/11 GI or Yellow Ribbon incentives may apply for FTA.
- In order to apply for FTA, you will need a CAC card reader. One can be found at the Military and Veterans Student Lounge in Ellsworth Hall or the ROTC Computer lab.
- Click here for information on how to apply to an FTA program that corresponds with your branch of service.