Accessibility in a Digital Age 1.3 — links for 2011 accessibility conferences
The Multi-purpose Enabling Technology Lab
(METL) serves as a central campus resource for enabling/assistive computing
technology for students.
METL, located in Room 2030 in
the University Computing Center, also functions as a classroom for programs
such as Blindness and Low Vision Studies, Special Education, and Occupational
- Provide access to enabling computing technology in
a centrally located, accessible site.
- Offer training to students, faculty, and staff on
the use of enabling technology.
- Provide assistance with faculty research projects
in adaptive technology.
- Provide documentation and training materials in alternative
- Assist as a production facility for printed materials
in alternative formats for students, faculty and staff.
- Act as an information resource for WMU.