Haworth College of Business
Western Michigan University
1903 W Michigan Ave
Kalamazoo MI 49008-5430 USA
- Ph.D., Michigan State University
- MBA, Michigan State University
- B.B.A., Western Michigan University
- Integrated supply management
- Improving purchasing in business organizations
- Materials management performance
Dr. Robert Reck is a professor of marketing at Western Michigan University's Haworth College of Business.
Reck was a major force in the design and development of the Integrated Supply Management program.
Reck has conducted numerous research projects aimed at improving purchasing and materials strategies and performance. He has published articles in the:
- International Journal of Purchasing and Materials Management
- Journal of Ambulatory Care
- Proceedings of numeous conferences
Reck is the co-recipient of a grant from the National Consortium for Technology in Business to create a computer simulation integrating product design, quality engineering, procurement and materials planning and control. This program will help team-building and decision-making skills among business and engineering students.
Reck's current research includes the role of conflict resolution in buyer-seller relationships; education, training and development of supply managers; and materials supply's contribution to the competitive advantage.
Prior to joining the faculty at the University in 1986, Reck was at Arizona State University and worked in private industry as an accountant and information system analyst.