Attention twirlers: If you are a competitive twirler with the skills listed below and wish to be a part of the Bronco Marching Band,
please submit a Youtube weblink to email@example.com April 1, 2014. If you would prefer to submit via DVD, please mail to:
- Kyle Keiser
- WMU Visual Coordinator
- Bronco Marching Band Office
- 1903 W. Michigan Ave. 5434
- Kalamazoo, MI 49008-5434
If your video is acceptable, you will be granted a personal audition at the University.
- 4 spin vertical/3 spin horizontal
- Variety of catches & contact material
- Double illusion
- Toss walkover (double walkover preferrred)
- Side aerials or butterflies
- Two baton (showers, hi/lo material, dual pattern, double toss)
- Three baton (3 different modes including pendulums, cascades & time tosses)
- Rolls (fishtails, continuous back neck spins, long arms, Fujimi’s)
- Dance skills
- A great smile and presence on the field as well as a strong sense of teamwork and professionalism.
Audition video should include footage of competition performances in a gym setting, band/field work, multiple baton sections including 2 and 3 baton and down the field work. Video should be 4-6 minutes in length with a spoken introduction of yourself. Feel free to include a resume outlining your competitive experience and any coaches you have had. In addition, consider auditioning for the Bronco
colorguard if you are a twirler who loves to perform but don’t meet the skill requirements listed. Several former twirlers have had a wonderful
performing experience as colorguard members.
For any further information, please e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.