What can I expect in the management major?
The management major prepares its graduates to become effective and ethical managers by focusing on five core competencies:
- problem solving and decision making
- leading people, teams and groups
- quality management and process improvement
Review the requirements for the management major in the WMU catalog.
Check out additional resources about the management major from The Career Center.
Explore the program requirements for the management major.
What can I expect from a management career?
Managers engage in numerous activities and provide one of the most critical functions to organizational success—decision-making.
- Professional Activities: planning, directing, coordinating, project management
- Possible professional positions:
- management trainee
- sales representative
- branch manager
- facility planning
- hotel/restaurant manager
- research analyst
- store manager
- purchasing manager
- insurance underwriter
Check out the resources related to this major from the Career Center.