Claudia M. Fajardo-Hansford, Ph.D.
Department of Mechanical and Aeronautical Engineering
Phone: (269) 276-3434
Fax: (269) 276-3421
Ph.D. Mechanical Engineering, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor
M.S.E. Mechanical Engineering, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor
B.S. Mechanical Engineering, Minor: Mathematics, Western Michigan University
Research Areas of Interest
- Turbulence characterization in bounded and unbounded flows
- Flow diagnostics
- Combustion in energy conversion devices
- Combustion for material synthesis
- Internal combustion engines and alternative powertrains
- Engineering education
Selected Honors and Awards
- CEAS Outstanding New Educator Award (2010).
- Silver Combustion Medal Recipient, awarded by the Combustion Institute (2009).
- Best Paper Award (co-author Volker Sick). Engine Colloquium of the 31st International Symposium on Combustion (2006).