Senior Design Project Advising
As a culmination of their undergraduate engineering education, Mechanical and Aeronautical Engineering students are required to complete a capstone project. Senior undergraduate students plan and implement their project over two semesters. The project culminates with a presentation to a broad audience consisting of faculty, staff, fellow classmates, sponsors and the local community. A faculty member and an industrial sponsor advise the student team.
- “An Innovative Optical System for Internal Combustion Engine Studies.” (Fall 2011). Team members: Patrick K. Kreun and Trevor Lambert.
- "Design of a Forced-Air Induction System for a Suzuki RM-Z450 Engine." (Spring 2011). Team members: Conrad Meekhof, Elliot Rose and Scott Hamilton.
- "Fuel Delivery System Development for a Single-Cylinder Gasoline Direct Injection Engine." (Spring 2011). Team members: Daren Distefano, Adam Bolen and Brad Mathis.
- Design of a Race Car Muffler (Spring 2010). Team members: Sarah Gerbig and Brett Lovell.
- Development of a Direct-Injected Single-Cylinder Motorcycle Engine (Fall 2009). Team members: Nicholas Haydon, Geoffrey Van Gemert, and Michael Neinhuis. ASME Award for Best Presentation.