Welcome to the Archives and Regional History Collections
The Western Michigan University Archives and Regional History Collections consists of historical University, regional, and local governmental records. The holdings total over 28,000 cubic feet, making the Zhang Legacy Collections Center the largest facility of its type in southwestern Michigan and one of the largest in the state. Detailed finding aids exist for the manuscript collections. In addition to the manuscript collections, the unit has oral histories, census records, a research collection of books, magazines, and newspapers, and several large photographic collections.
EXHIBIT EVENT for October 6, 2017, Art Hop
Friday, October 6, 2017, 5 - 8 p.m. is the opening showing 50 designs from the larger Graphic Design Archives West Michigan collection, during Art Hop. Most items will remain on exhibit through November 22 at regular hours. Location is 1650 Oakland Dr. More info: https://wmulibraries.blogspot.com/
Location and Parking
The Archives and Regional History Collections are located in the Charles C. and Lynn L. Zhang Legacy Collections Center. Please see the location and parking page for details for your visit.
Hours of Operation
Hours of operation coincide with University semester scheduling - see Zhang Legacy Collections Center - Archives and Regional History. If you are traveling from a distance, please call to verify open hours.
General parameters for open hours:
- During Fall semester (Sept. - Dec.) - closed Mondays, but open on Saturdays - Closed for Labor Day, Thanksgiving weekend, Christmas and the week through New Year's Day
- Spring Semester (Jan. - April) - closed Mondays, but open on Saturdays
- Closed for MLK Day in January and University closures for severe weather
- Summer (late April - Aug.) open Monday - Friday but closed on Saturday
- Phone: (269) 387-8490 or (269) 387-8497 | Fax: (269) 387-8484 | email@example.com
- Located at 1650 Oakland Drive, Charles C. and Lynn L. Zhang Legacy Collections Center
- GPS coordinates: Latitude 42.276759, Longitude -85.606558
- WMU mail stop 5307