We want to know if the WMU Libraries are meeting your expectations – so take the LibQUAL+® survey and let us know what you think!
When you complete the survey, you can enter a drawing for an iPad 4 and one of three $100 pre-paid Visa cards. Also, you will be helping us improve the libraries. So, take the survey and be heard!
What is LibQUAL+®?
LibQUAL+® is a national library survey used to find out what library users’ think of the service quality in their libraries. Over 1,000 libraries nationwide participate in LibQUAL+®, so we are also able to see how we’re doing compared to similar libraries. To learn more, visit LibQUAL+ Survey Management Center.
How long does it take to fill out the survey?
The survey takes about 10 minutes. If you are new to surveys that ask your minimal and desired service level, it might take a couple of minutes to get used to this survey format.
How long will the survey be available online?
The survey will be available from March 11 through April 8, 2013.
When will the winners be announced?
The drawing will be held April 9 and all winners will be notified that day.
Do your answers make a difference?
YES! We take your comments seriously! Based on past LibQUAL+® surveys, the WMU Libraries:
- Extended Waldo library hours to 3:00 a.m.
- Extended loan periods & lowered fines
- Increased full-text online article availability
- Provided Power Search: books, articles, and more in a single search
- Improved journal and article access
- Improved online catalog & Web site design
- Enhanced and updated our online tutorial ResearchPath
- Increased power outlets in Waldo Library
We also added:
- New Education Library based on user needs
- Printing from student accounts
- Comfortable chairs, food, & drink areas in Waldo Library
- Free online citation software (RefWorks)
- MS Office on the computers
- Online course reserves & book holds
- Email notices for items coming due and overdue
- Ask-a-librarian through instant messaging and Facebook
So, take the survey now! If you have any questions, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Many thanks for helping with this important project!