The Research and Instruction Services desk is located on the first floor of Waldo Library and is the primary “Ask A Librarian” service point in the University Libraries. The area houses over 50 public computers, a large collection of printed reference resources, and has professional librarians, staff, and student employees available to assist.
Research and Instruction Services Desk hours
Monday through Thursday: 8 a.m. to midnight (during regular semester)
Friday: 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Saturday: 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Sunday: noon to midnight
Librarians are available for individual consultation. See a list of library subject specialists for subject specializations.
- Work individually with reference staff to find information and do research
- Learn how to navigate the Libraries’ web pages
- Develop searching skills in the best databases relevant to your needs
- Locate or ask for specific facts and data on any topic
- Seek selection advice on best sources
- Become independent users of the many resources (books, journals, government documents, and media) found online and in print in the University Libraries
- Phone: (269) 387-5178 | Fax: (269) 387-5836
- Location: Waldo Library, First Floor
Research and Instruction Services Collections
Includes print and online reference materials especially related to the humanities, social sciences, business and law.